A British Columbia man named Randy George Scott, 25, turned himself in Tuesday night charged in connection to a YouTube video of a motorcycle speeding at 186 mph (300 km/h) on a Vancouver Island highway. The video posted in April 2012 sparked a manhunt for the rider of a blue Yamaha spotted weaving a dangerously high speeds in-and-out of traffic on the Trans-Canada Highway. Initially, a woman who owned the motorcycle was investigated by police and reportedly fined. On July 10, police announced an arrest warrant for Scott. He is now going to be charged with one count of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.

32 Responses to “Man Accused Of 186 MPH or 300 KM/H Motorcycle Ride On Trans-Canada Highway Turns Self In”

1. 1 Brent Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Idiot!

2. 2 Greeko Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Great riding skills until he kills himself. Only 1 count? Should be as many counts as the number of cars he passed.

3. 3 Guy Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Too fast to enjoy the scenery.

4. 4 CafeSportyTC Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:54 pm

life begins at 100mph… but do it at a track A$#hole….

5. 5 CafeSportyTC Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:57 pm

sorry , I know most of us have touched 100 MPH just trying to get around traffic at times and then we bring it quickly back to sane highway speeds. but this guy was asking for a van to change lanes on him and splat his a$% . straight line speed , impressive, but its more fun draggin knee..

6. 6 Colin Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I agree with Greeko every one of those people he passed, he put their lives in danger. He going at a fast enough speed that he isn’t only gonna kill himself. What a douche.

7. 7 burnout Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

ALL sport bikes run 180 plus….just ask the ones riding them. Seriously I agree with all the above. peace

8. 8 canuck Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Grew up there, have ridden that highway and know the traffic. This was incredibly stupid and endangered everyone on a road that averages 50-55MPH on a good day. Bikers get a bad enough rep without idiots like this advertising their lack of brains.

9. 9 richard Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I ride a Road King. No danger here of really high speed….just the way us old folk like it!

10. 10 Boss Hawg Jul 26th, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Idiot ! This is where he will find himself http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/tulsacrash.asp

Boss Hawg

11. 11 john reed Jul 26th, 2012 at 11:51 pm

If you are do this and get away with it,the rush must be orgasmic,
    but If you dont you must be prepared to pay the price
    He looks like a good rider who got his rocks off without hurting anyone
    so good for him.

12. 12 Gas Man Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:57 am

Problem is… he’s not going 186mph. At that speed the lane dashes would be nothing but a memory or look like dots. They can’t arrest him for his indicated speed, notoriously off from the factory, and most sportbikers are sporting (no pun intended) sprocket changes which would further increase the speedo error.

Further, regardless of being an idiot or not. I don’t think he should be able to be arrested unless it was witnessed by a LEO. The same debate was put to bed, at least here in Michigan, when stunters released videos FOR SALE with them doing wheelies down the highway. MSP, was interviewed and said they couldn’t press charges because it wasn’t witness at the time of the crime. Being it was witness at the time of the crime there is no proof it was any one person.

I don’t agree with the acts however, I disagree more about disregarding freedom and due process. (Yes I know this is Canada, but you get the idea.)

13. 13 Rodent Jul 27th, 2012 at 6:40 am

According to you all the guy is guilty until proven innocent !

14. 14 a 1 cycles Jul 27th, 2012 at 8:22 am

you must catch me in the act or dont touch me…its simple. and we are all free men to do as we choose..and we will pay the prie if caught..simple risk vs. reward.

15. 15 john reed Jul 27th, 2012 at 9:34 am

gas man,
    I dont think its 186 mph either, it looks like between 85mph up to about 105 mph
    with spurts up to 150ish, do you know what model it is?

16. 16 Betty Jul 27th, 2012 at 9:58 am

John Reed, it’s a Yamaha … Logo in the right bottom corner 🙂

I’ve seen too many former friends/colleagues/whatever in hospital beds (or worse) after pulling crap like this. They need to keep it on the track and stop giving the rest of us a bad name. I ride within my limits and the law and still get disrespected because of non-riders seeing this stuff!

So, since no one “caught him in the act” are they saying the video counts as “being caught” in Canada? Or WAS someone trying to catch him and couldn’t? But then I guess he’d get evasion, too.

17. 17 Betty Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:05 am

Sorry John … I think R6, maybe R1.

18. 18 The Supreme Team Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:59 am

First…doesn’t look like 186. Second, this is EXACTLY the kind of dumbass that makes EVERYBODY IN A CAGE hate motorcycles.
    In So. Cal where splitting lanes is legal, idiots do this kind of thing all day long, running through nearly stopped traffic at 40-50 MPH, and they wonder why people hate them.

My brother in law, just 9 months ago, was turning LEFT into his housing tract in Denton,TX, coming off a 45 MPH road, when some idiot like this came flying up behind him at 120+. Being the guy had no ability to stop fast enough, he made stupid choice number two and swerved to the left of the truck, thinking he could get past the truck before the turn was complete. Instead he t-boned my brother in laws truck, right at the rear door…died instantly.
    I thank God my brother in law was okay, because he could have been killed because of the stupidity of some dumbass like this. Still he must live with knowing this idiot died impacting his truck.
    Go figure the bike was stolen too.
    Don’t want to be stereotyped as an idiot? Don’t act as one.

19. 19 Yale Jul 27th, 2012 at 11:25 am

next time cover up any incrinating proof HAHA

20. 20 Yale Jul 27th, 2012 at 11:28 am

take that back just watched video Guy endagered many lives Keep it on the track

21. 21 CafeSportyTC Jul 27th, 2012 at 11:38 am

sounds like an R6 , the R1 has a lower tone , plus i dont think the R-1 came in blue for many years now and that one looks pretty new…just sayin.

22. 22 Doc Jul 27th, 2012 at 11:58 am

What a dick for endangering others, but we can’t forget our right to a fair trial, due process and the right to essentially break the law (consequences acknowledged or not). LEO already has cameras doing their jobs at mostly (at least in LA) uncalibrated, notoriously short traffic lights. What’s next, prosecution by video? Catch me if you can mofo, is not you can try again tomorrow. This will be thown out by any reasonable court as LEO did not witness the alleged criminal act and claims we make on video are just that…claims made on video. if i had a nickel for everytime i believed a claim made on video, i would be a rich, thin, prosperous, real estate mogul!

23. 23 Texx Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

The rider is an idiot, and it just brings more bad press towards motorcycles, which usually fuels big brother (and the insurance companies) to come up with more reasons to implement more strict laws and penalties.

The media has had a field day with this story, and the reports are everywhere – it even ran on the Fox News ticker last night and all the national network news here in Canada.

What he did was wrong and endangered the lives of others around him, but he is not going 186 MPH (300 KPH), at least not in the video… Maybe short bursts to 150 MPH, but still wrong on a crowded highway.

Probably a Yamaha R6.

24. 24 Barb Jul 27th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Can you say DEATH WISH!!!!!!!!! Gawd what an asshole!

25. 25 Highrider Jul 27th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

At least he didn’t pass any Harleys

26. 26 mps Jul 28th, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Witnessed by a LEO? Why?
    Muggings aren’t usually witnessed by LEOs, Neither are robberies nor assaults etc etc etc. So why this? He turned himself in which is an admission of guilt. That’s all they need.

27. 27 Heinzen Michael Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:27 am

Hi,
    how fast was the police officer on his police-road-king behind him?
    Hohoho!!!
    Michael

28. 28 Jay58 Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:49 am

A little roadway justice, but I would hate to see anyone else get hurt or killed in the process.What the video shows is CRAZY BEYOND BELIEF, I have been strafed by 110 MPH plus bikes in my lane before while I was riding my 2002 Victory Touring Cruiser, and that is just wrong. THESE FOLKS THINK THEY ARE CUTE AND ALL THAT. They are STUPID!

29. 29 Bigalyts Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:06 am

The Mounties, “they always get their man”! Jerkoffs.

30. 30 Foxster Jul 30th, 2012 at 10:16 am

Looks like I’m a lone voice here but I thought it was brilliant! Great riding and must have been enormous fun.

Every single day riding my bike to work I see idiots car drivers pulling out without looking, speeding around town, talking on their phones and cutting people up. These are the people routinely killing bikers on the roads, not people like the guy in the vid.

31. 31 Doc Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:40 am

Hell yes witnessed by LEO. The guy is obviously a dick (albeit a talented dick) for pulling this in public, but haven’t we all sped, changed lanes without signaling, etc. and God forbid, maybe even ridden a little recklessly? – I know I have. In LA, you have to drive offensively sometimes to avoid being smashed by all the cagers on their cell phones or simply not caring about your right to use the road as they do. Admission of guilt is one thing, trial by video is another. Maybe they should install cameras on every highway, street, home, and able-bodied person to ensure safety? Maybe they should install a monitoring system in your car, or bike, or up my ass to ensure I don’t endanger myself? Careful there brother, we are all very small decisions away from being “Big Brothered” for “our own safety”…

32. 32 aaron Jul 30th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

sorry, this guy is not talented – just reckless. check out the low lean angles he gets, how hard he brakes etc. and compare to wsbk. the guy only had a suspended learners permit, and the bike (2006 yamaha r1) was registered in mommy’s name.

I ride/drive this stretch all the time (almost daily) it’s wide and pretty straight (for B.C.) I’d guess he’s hitting 160-170 mph, pretty sure these hit the 186mph limiter at 180ish on a radar gun, and he’s probably running slightly shorter ~5% gearing. that stretch is also painted with shitty econo lines, like half the city. (long lines, longer spaces, not very reflective at all. in the rain I find myself accidentally following tar snakes because they are more visible than the painted lines :O)

local article: