2013 Victory Boardwalk. From Classic Laid-Back Cruiser To Light Bagger.

The new Boardwalk model joins the Victory Judge, High-Ball, Jackpot, Vegas 8-Ball & Hammer 8-Ball in the line of Victory Cruisers. Low, comfortable, versatile along with an impressive collection of accessories that make it a comfortable 2-up cruiser for quick get-aways across town or down the open road. A bike for unstressed cruising, with a new two-piece seat, a low seat height, large unencumbered floorboards and the widest handlebars of any Victory model. Want to extend your trip, ride 2-up and carry some extra gear? Easy. It takes just minutes to add several new Lock & Ride® accessories to customize your Victory Boardwalk and turn it in a light Bagger.

The engine is solid-mounted in the frame, making it a stressed member of the chassis, creating outstanding torsional rigidity and enhancing handling with predictable tracking through corners. The Victory Boardwalk is powered by the strong, proven and reliable Victory Freedom® 106/6 drivetrain – a 106-c.i. V-Twin teamed with a 6-speed transmission with overdrive. This air- and oil-cooled engine is fuel-injected and counter-balanced, so it delivers smooth, efficient, reliable performance. with engine serving up to 113 ft.-lb. of torque with recommended oil change interval only every 5,000 miles.

The seat height is 25.9” (658 mm), the driver has roomy open floorboards and wide handlebars for a very relaxed riding position. Whitewall Metzler tires (150mm rear/130mm front) are mounted on 16”, 60-spoke, laced chrome wheels. Long fenders wrap around the whitewall tires, and a raised spine runs the length of the bike on the fenders and the new 4.7-gallon (17.79-liter) fuel tank. Chrome elements of the Victory Boardwalk include the headlight, gauge housing, handlebars, exhaust, belt guard, engine and ignition covers, turn signal housings, and fender struts. A powerful, durable LED lighting in the brake lamp and turn signals provides excellent visibility. 2013 Color options are Pearl White & Gloss Black. Solid Black US: $15,499* CANADA: $16,899. Solid Pearl White US: $15,899* CANADA: $17,299 (Add $250 for California)

Victory made it easy easy to convert the Boardwalk into a comfortable 2-up cruiser by installing Lock & Ride® accessories like Boardwalk Saddlebags, the Tall Boardwalk Windscreen, Boardwalk Passenger Backrest, and 2-Up Luggage Rack. With Victory-exclusive Lock & Ride® technology, all of the accessories mentioned above can be added in just minutes. In addition to these newly developed accessories, many more accessories are available including handlebars, heated grips, exhausts, cruise control, custom engine covers, footpegs, floorboards and more.

54 Responses to “2013 Victory Boardwalk. From Classic Laid-Back Cruiser To Light Bagger.”

1. 1 Keith Stone Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Looks like Yamaha from the STAR line…. Looks good…. Like those rear turn signals…..

2. 2 Ross Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:11 pm

The Victory Fat Boy? What’s new?

3. 3 Pedro Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Disgusting. No History, No Identity

4. 4 Ed Youngblood Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Nice! Cannot wait until these guys start applying their talent to the Indian brand.

5. 5 MotoMan Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Yawn. Zzzzzz. I’ll take a real Fat Boy. Thank you very little Polaris.

6. 6 HDRYDER Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I am sorry, I don’t really hate on too many bikes, but this thing is nothing new, white walls with the angular body lines? Nothing too classic looking on the bike, wait lets throw on some white walls. I am no expert that is for sure, but would never ride that one.

7. 7 Donnie Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Boring…

8. 8 Shifter Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:26 pm

No soul, no spirit, no sales.

9. 9 Badaboom Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Let’s take the same parts used on other bikes and let’s make people think it’s a new model. Shame on you Victory. Worse than Harley.

10. 10 Sheridan Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I try to like the Victory bikes I really do, but they just couldn’t buy a clue when it comes to styling. I’m starting to get real worried about what they’re going to do to Indian…

11. 11 Stephen Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I like it. It reminds me of the Honda 1300 custom line. The only thing I would change is I’d swap the floor boards for pegs, but that’s my personal preference.

12. 12 Brett Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Again..I see nothing to get someone to switch to this brand. Still looks like a plastic Jap bike…I am terrified of what they do to Indian.

13. 13 Trail Boss Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

My favorite Victory thus far.

14. 14 BobS Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I like it. Always have been a fan of Victory styling, if I wanted something that looked like a Harley I’d buy a Harley. But then again, I ride Victory. It’s a lot easier to like Victory after you’ve ridden Victory…

15. 15 Woody Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

@ sheridan-exactly what I was thinking. I want so bad to like them, and I do wish them well, but I swear the bikes are selling DESPITE the styling sometimes. Such a good solid engine/drivetrain but the styling looks like it was done off a drawing of an outboard motor. Likewise virtually the entire recent Cadillac car line hits me the same way. Wonder if any of their stylists ever sat back with a cold one and looked at an old Duesenberg or Cord, or even a mild ’32 rod and really enjoyed the way the lines flow.

16. 16 Zipper Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

A nice set of pipes, trim the bottom of the rear fender, and return the headlight to Dick Tracey’s patrol car and you would have a better looking bike. ..Z

17. 17 Oldude Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Got one of those horrendous Jap cruiser rear fenders. Still ain’t sell my H/D stock !

18. 18 choppernut Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Looks like a kingpin with a dragger fender…..anyone think that Ness had a couple words to say…..it doesnt look anything new or special to me……sorry Victory!!!

19. 19 Stephanie Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Seriously? Yet, another version of the Vegas. How about a new platform?

20. 20 Dave Blevins Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Really, if anyone at Victory reads my comment, if you insist on keeping that swingarm, mount some external shocks on it.
    And stop putting those crisp, angular crease lines in the sheet metal, it isn’t attractive and does not add to the over all look, just makes it boxy looking.
    The engine/primary/trans, looks great… side panels are a little bulky though. Lights look good (both front & back) but the front end seems unfinished without some sort of nacelle.
    I guess just fully dress it, or completely strip it. Anything else just looks, well… Honda-ish.

I’m still holding out hope for the Indian though.

21. 21 Boomer Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I like the new fenders. Yep. It’s Kingpin ver 2.0. I wonder if those fenders will fit an older Kingpin. That would be rockin’. Folks that hate on the Victory’s because they don’t come out with a model redone from the ground up every time crack me up. What do think Harley does? Yep. Except they have less imagination and won’t take chances on alienating their nostalgic customers. That’s fine but it’s also why they are stuck in 1950.

Harley’s make a great decoration for a garage or to sit out in front of a bar but they don’t ride nearly as nice as today’s king of the road. Victory. And that’s coming from a 32 Harley rider starting with a Flathead 45.

Like any new bike; this a good starting place. What the owner does with it tells the real tale.

For 2013 Indian info go to: http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/chief/chief-vintage-le/pages/overview.aspx

22. 22 Greeko Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Very disappointed again. Victory needs to hire good designers and stop being only an engineering company.

23. 23 Mark Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:48 pm

“I like it. It reminds me of the Honda 1300 custom line. ”

Stephen, I think without knowing it you just doomed this bike. I think you meant that as a compliment, which is not good. There is nothing to be complimentary about the Honda 1300’s other than their bargain basement price.

This is a decent bike, but Victory HAS to do something about the handlebars and the display, controls. Its not good when I sit on an American bike and feel like I am a Japanese one. The single speedo is solid, but the Victory bars feel like toothpicks and over all the design up there is really clunky. Start getting that right and you are on your way.

Just keep making Hardballs.

24. 24 kauaiclyde Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I wrote in the first entry earlier today stating that I wished that they would put more chrome on the bike than they were the other models – this being before the bike made its late afternoon showing. If they had graced it with a chrome swing-arm and a medium low pass. backrest {which are available at the dealers} it would have been more aesthetically pleasing right from the box. Just a little burned-out on the flat black appeal that is sweeping every bike manufacturer these days. Maybe I am getting a little long in the tooth ??? Shorter cut fenders, too!!

25. 25 roscoe Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:26 pm

It’s hard to get a very good look with these shitty pics, but I like it so far.

Woody, they did………that’s where the Vision came from.

26. 26 Mike Greenwald Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Nope.

27. 27 morpion Jul 30th, 2012 at 10:07 pm

designers are from japan,,,it,s sure,,,,,jap style

28. 28 Stephen Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Mark
    The Honda 1300 custom line are good solid bikes, and I think they have some good lines, great lines on the Fury in fact. If the Victory looks like the Honda, you can’t blame the Japanese for the styling as the Honda custom line bikes are designed in California, so it would seem to be a case of Americans being inspired by Americans. I can’t see why likening a Victory to a Honda would be the kiss of death for Victory as they are both good brands. Nothing wrong with an American or Japanese bike.

29. 29 roscoe Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I could do without the whitewalls, but it looks good to me.

30. 30 Nobody Jul 31st, 2012 at 12:18 am

I like the Art-deco style. Would I buy one of these? Maybe if I had the itch for a brand new bike. Only thing I’d really change is that bloody headlamp, and mod the turn signals. The signals really should be parallel to the break lamp rather than perpendicular

31. 31 Jasper Jul 31st, 2012 at 6:02 am

Probably a good motorcycle, but aesthetically it’s a miss.

32. 32 C. Curtis Jul 31st, 2012 at 6:24 am

To go from boardroom to boardwalk? Empty concept. Classic shape. Nothing else.

33. 33 Red Jul 31st, 2012 at 7:23 am

I am really hoping these guys will give the MOCO some still competition but I don’t see anything that makes me want to sell my bagger yet. I also hold out hope for the Indian lineup.

34. 34 Riverat Jul 31st, 2012 at 7:50 am

Again, I absolutely cannot get enough of the dribble when Vic does something. Keep it coming guys, Victory loves the attention.

35. 35 morpion Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:27 am

36. 36 Rodent Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:00 am

The white walls make it!

37. 37 fuji Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:32 am

Its not a Harley clone, not intended to be.

Isn’t this what we have been asking for ?

If one took a Harley and redesigned it to look similar to this bike before intro you would have received accolades on your design.

Let’s face it most negative comments come from those who are concerned of braking ranks with there quote “in crowd”.

If it looked like a Harley, out of another cavity would come the words it looks like a copy cat bike. Harley .

example:

38. 38 rebel Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:42 am

identity crisis on wheels, like a jap crossdresser.

39. 39 Matt Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:46 am

Was kinda on the fence about the Boardwalk until I viewed the demo video (For some reason photos alone just don’t do Victory’s styling justice, you really do have to see them in action or in person to fully appreciate). I wasn’t keen on the teaser video at first depicting the wall street guy and the Boardwalk name seemed a little out of place for Victory but seeing the actual bike now it makes better sense. The Boardwalk is obviously a more dressed and refined alter ego to The Judge and I think it fills a gap between the popular blacked out and radical color cruisers. Some people here claim that it is a look a like Fat Boy (probably the same folks that thought the Highball was identical to the Crossbones). I think they really need to have their eyes examined. Very few riders will mistaken this for a Harley and that is either a good or a bad thing depending on whom you ask. Personally I like the way Victory has taken the common classic theme and really given it their own unique identity even if it pushes the comfort zone of what many think an conventional American cruiser should be. Overall I really dig the clean styling. The only thing I would have changed was replace the full chrome headlight housing to a two tone version like on the Jackpot and maybe use a lower profile gauge that was incorporated into the bars some how.

40. 40 BlkBkr Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:52 am

“they should ask wiilly g. davidson to redesigne them,,,the engine look like a two-stroke”
    Yeah great idea then the design will look the same for the nice 30-40 years…

41. 41 CafeSportyTC Jul 31st, 2012 at 10:11 am

it reminds me of the Early Vic’s. its nice, a definate alternative to a road king.

42. 42 Roger Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:22 pm

It could be the bike of several manufacturers. No personslity. People also buy image and style. There are none in this Boardwalk.

43. 43 Phil Jul 31st, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Just like to say that looks great Victory.Boomer said it all for me in his comments,but just to say that I like Harleys,ride a Victory,and work on Yamaha motorcycles for a living.
    I love the look of the new fenders,and the clean lines of the overall package.I am not worried if parts come from other Victory models,name me a manufacturer that does’nt do that ! Keep up the good work Victory………….
    Phil (Kingpin, in the UK)

44. 44 Blackmax Jul 31st, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Like I said yesterday I wanted to see it before any real comment.
    As stated above the video give a much better impression than a static photo (no slam to Cyril)
    I don;t want a H-D look alike, no more then I’d want a Honda one…
    I look for fresh designs from Victory & though this does look a lot like a “Vegas”, I guess it’s ok, as far as it goes.
    Add the bags & the sheild & you’ve got a Cross Roads, but some people like the idea of adding pieces over time. And the abilty to add & remove things at will or as the need arises.
    (Remember all of the H-D Convertable models, one year they’re here, the next they are gone)
    The price is at a good point and that’s always an advantage…..
    The engine and power train is the same & it has been very well documented that it will still leave any H-D 103 / 110 Softtail Convertible, Deluxe or Road King in the dust .
    I’d still lose the headlight, it’s the ugliest thing on there !!!!!

45. 45 Tony Jul 31st, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Liking the drive train, sorry to say the styling it’s just Fugly.

46. 46 Seymour Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Well look at it this way, the Victory Vision is looking better and better all the time!!!! LOL Mission Accomplished!

47. 47 Martin Twofeather Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:38 pm

They are getting better,and I like the changes especially the taillight and rear fender…

48. 48 fxrocket Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:36 pm

brings back memories of Arlen ness tail draggers… hmmm id ride that thing “GOT TWO WHEELS WILL RIDE”

49. 49 SIGFREED Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Seems as if the early motorcycle designers simply managed flowing lines without thinking twice. Vic seems to be trying too hard. They want so desperately to look different to HD, while they essentially have exactly the same architecture and in the end, it just looks like a dolled-up, over-the-hill tart (a cheap plastic one hanging around the docks that is).

Their styling suffers from the same flaws as BMW’s did, under Chris Bangle – eg it was visually too busy, there was never any cohesiveness in the shapes and more lines and folds than a crumpled-up piece of paper, is not “art”…

HD, as did Porsche, realised that while you will never win all the hearts that simple, minimalistic, organic, flowing shapes, are timeless and as such the hallmark of an enduring product.

Vics smack of a volume production look, as if it was designed by accountants to a budget, then when they realised it had to have stuff people will see – they shopped around for the lowest bidder. The ‘bread-and-butter’ Vics do not look Arlen Ness to me at all – some of his best bikes have had smooth, soft flowing lines. I suspect the Ness family are hired by Polaris just to add their names to the mix, little more.

50. 50 courtney Aug 1st, 2012 at 12:17 am

Yep, I think I agree with others’ sentiment: Indian really is cursed.

Sad, but oh well…. What’s new?

51. 51 odlamn Aug 1st, 2012 at 12:43 am

No accounting for some people’s taste. Try too hard to be something and this is what happens. Form here follows nothing related to function. Motorcycle is machine. Looks cheap IMHO.
    O

52. 52 The Supreme Team Aug 1st, 2012 at 10:54 am

Kill the boards, add some forward controls (yes…I’m biased), kill the whitewalls, shorten up that back fender…round it, bring it to a point..something other than that dragger.
    Definitely NOT a Harley, but that’s the whole point. Can’t fault Victory for trying to do something different than HD. What’s the point of buying a Vic if it looks just like a Harley. Think outside the box kids.
    I agree it looks recycled from the Kingpin, but it’s definitely better looking than those Victory baggers.

53. 53 Riverat Aug 1st, 2012 at 12:12 pm

With all that they are doing wrong according to this series of opinions, they appear to have growing the Victory division by double digits, again . That must mean they are doing something right. It’s difficult to argue with the results, like it or not.

54. 54 mark Aug 1st, 2012 at 1:47 pm