Only the finest machines ever built by man will ever grace the Pebble Beach Fairway, and all entrants of this event are here by invitation because of their machines are of historic significance. Chronologically, you are going to see:

1- 1885 Daimler Reitwagen 0:05. This is the world’s first gasoline-powered motorcycle. Built by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach. 2- 1968 Munch Mammoth 1:07. The world’s best performing superbikes between the years of 1966 and 2001. 3- 1951 Konsul II 501 OS-T 1:56. 68 mph on 2 wheels. 4- 1965 DKW Hummel 155 2:36. Das Kleine Wunder (the little wonder) was capable of cruising at 45 mph and was a legendary shock to conventional motorcycle design in Germany. 5- 1954 BMW Rennsport 3:16. Riders complained it was unstable. Sidecars fixed the stability issue. It did become one of the most successful side-car racing bikes anyone could want. 6- 1932 BMW R32 4:15. It was the first motorcycle produced by BMW. Designed by Max Friz, top speed on this motorcycle was just under 60mph. 7- 1934 BMW R7 5:24. This bike never saw production, thanks to Hitler. This one won Best-In-Class! It was a prototype. 1 of a kind. 8- 1953 Adler M250 6:36. One of the most winning motorcycles in European racing. Adler became the strongest driving forces pushing racing competition on both circuit courses and endurance events and powering the careers of many of Germany’s finest road race riders. 9- 1930 Opel Motoclub Model T 8:02. Restored to its original appearance. 10- 1950 Imme R100 10:50. Germany’s steel industry was devastated when it was constructed, which contributes to its minimalist design. 11- 1894 Hildebrand & Wolfmüller 13:29. This is the world’s first production motorcycle. A 1.5L single-can machine with “no real brake”. Listen to the engineer who restored it. Priceless.

9 Responses to “2012 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Concours d’Elegance. Vintage German Motorcycles.”

1. 1 Ronnie Sep 4th, 2012 at 10:32 am

Wow.

2. 2 Seymour Sep 4th, 2012 at 10:51 am

Love the Opel. Thanks Cyril.

3. 3 Drive The Wheels Off Sep 4th, 2012 at 11:55 am

The Adler’s motor looks great

4. 4 John E Adams Sep 4th, 2012 at 11:56 am

An a amazing display here. I saw the BWW R7 at he Amelia Concours, what a beauty!!!

5. 5 TJ Sep 4th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

wow

6. 6 Rodent Sep 4th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Yeah, I was there and heard each one start and run as required by the rules. Amazing sounds.

7. 7 Freedomlaw Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Not to dim anyone’s pleasure, but last weekend I rented a Harley in San Francisco and started down Highway 1. When I reached Pebble Beach, I paid the fee (around $10) to ride the 17 mile road and enjoy the sites, when security advised me that motorcycles are prohibited in Pebble Beach. They gave me back my money and turned me around. Oh well, onto San Simean, etc. I felt like a 1% — run out of town! LOL

8. 8 Freedomlaw Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:36 pm

P.S. I live on the East Coast…hence the rental.

9. 9 Freedomlaw Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Last weekend, I rented a motorcycle in San Francisco and started down the Pacific HIghway. First a stop at Alice’s Restaurant. In any event, when I attempted to enter Pebble Beach, I paid the fee — approximately $10 — to drive the 17 mile highway to Pebble Beach. Just as I was passing thru security for my ride into Pebble Beach, security stopped me and advised me to turn around — motorcycles and motorcyclists ARE NOT WELCOME at Pebble Beach. I felt like a 1%. They gave me back my entry fee and sent me packing …. onto Cannery Row. LOL

Crusher