Akrapovic Cutting Edge Promo Custom Motorcycle

I already featured this bike in its 1st version, but some modifications and refinements having been done, it’s worth mentioning it again because of its excellence in terms of minimalistic and high tech design. And this, although some will detect some old school boardtrack racing inspiration behind the conception of “Morsus.”

It is the promo motorcycle of Akrapovic, formerly known as Skorpion, the Slovanian company that has made its mark at the highest level of the motorcycle road racing world (Moto GP, super bike, supermoto, motocross, endure and rally raid) and now producing exhausts for American bikes and cars. Former racer Igor Akrapovic, owner/chief design engineer, excels in producing the absolute cutting edge in exhaust technology, not using steel, but using only Titanium or Carbon Fiber technology in each of his products.

Dreamachine Motorcycles was in charge to hand craft a bike using the finest materials, privileging those used by Akrapovic in the company’s factory. Bodywork and 26″ wheels are carbon fiber, pipes are made from titanium. Most parts have a racing pedigree like handlebar controls from PT comp. Gas circulates inside the frame. S&S 113″ engine. Narrow open primary by BDL. 3D inverted front end and of course no chrome. (photography copyright Onno Wieringa for AMD World Championship courtesy to Cyril Huze)

Business Akrapovic
Tyres [Rear] Vee Rubber 26″
Brakes [Front] Nissin radial
Brakes [Rear] Kustom Tech sprocket brake
Painter Dreamachine Motorcycles
Chroming / Plating no

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

26 Responses to “Akrapovic Cutting Edge Promo Custom Motorcycle”

1. 1 Branson Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:01 am

Wow!

2. 2 GuitarSlinger Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:08 am

I really wish we’d all get over the Custom Bike as a static Sculpture mentality and get back to Custom Bike as something to be ridden ;-)

3. 3 Sharrack Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:45 am

Cool board track design, nice flow…….not feeling the wheels but a great way to save all the aluminum you’re paying for!

4. 4 Sharrack Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:48 am

Ok…..missed the carbon fiber wheels…….pretty cool ….at first glance , they did not look like carbon fiber. Nice!

5. 5 The Vintagent Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:49 am

Nice modern lines; very slick. Why pair it with a dinosaur of an engine? Its an anachronism…

6. 6 Reyn Mansson Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:52 am

Agree 100% with GuitarSlinger – I call these things “Cartoon” bikes. 26 inch solid wheels with skinny tires, rigid, no lights and a straight exhaust. Just a ball of fun to ride…. NOT

7. 7 ValueTeck Enterprises LLC Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:25 am

Agree, not real practical.
    Kinda cool to look at though.

8. 8 eBikerLeather Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:43 am

Looks really cool, but to look at lol

9. 9 A 1 CYCLES INC. Nov 19th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

THE ROTORS, MIRRORS,SEAT AND SWING ARM ALL MATCH..VERY COOL, THE WHEELS ARE SICK..THE MUFFLER END CAP USED AS AN INTAKE IS COOL! VERY SICK BIKE

10. 10 Bonneville Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I saw the bike 2 years ago in Barcelona. Eye-catching design, and some shabby stuff at the same time; cables hanging, and so. Clearly designed by soemone not in the custom scene. By the way, being exhaust manufactures…Don´t you think the exhaust is a little bit simple in terms of design and visual impact?

11. 11 Midnight Nov 19th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Looks nice. I don’t understand how the seat pivots on the shock, I don’t see any fuel capacity listed, but it doesn’t how it can hold enough to go any distance, and I don’t know a single person with solid wheels on their bike who prefers or even likes them.

12. 12 ItsMePaul Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Agree. Cartoon bike.
    But with that said.
    Maybe this was the look they wanted go for just to get noticed among their peers.
    WTF do I know.

13. 13 Sharrack Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Ha ha..bonneville has a point!
    Check out the 20 dollar mirrors turned up!
    I’ll give them a mulligan on that ……maybe!
    Ks

14. 14 Blackmax Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I don;t know who’s “Out There” more?
    Von Braun’s Honda or these guys?
    Both are high end, premium exhaust systems
    How about putting them on a bike that can be ridden & heard ????

15. 15 Sharrack Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Ooooooofa!….. That Honda was brutal !

16. 16 Bshirk Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:27 pm

GuitarSlinger you are spot on, I wonder how the builder would feel after about 600-700 mile day across Oklahoma, Kansas and western Nebraska on the way to Sturgis in August at about 100 degrees & fighting 20-25 mph winds blowing against those wheels. You are right it is not ridable…..

17. 17 RUB Nov 20th, 2012 at 7:13 am

Looks like a cross between Darth Vader and Lance Armstrong .

And the controls located right next to the exhaust might be a problem if you ride for more than 10 minutes .

18. 18 okieplowboy Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:12 am

a great looking bike to put in a window and let everyone look at it ! But give me a bike that I can ride !

19. 19 dmj Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:34 am

Another tragic waste of scooter parts, but there may be enough salvage parts to start something rideable. Lets see, I think we could keep the motor, transmission, belt drive, brake calipers……yep thats about it. Might be able to find a use for the tires.

20. 20 Racetrack Style Nov 20th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

@Bonneville
    Exhaust systems (and wheels) don’t have to take center stage on a custom bike…whatever makes the sum of the parts look best as opposed to one component trying to hog all of the attention.

The exhaust on this bike is good except for the poor Cornering clearance

21. 21 martin twofeather Nov 20th, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Possitively beautiful……

22. 22 18bravo Nov 20th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I love the way so many folks can determine the rideability of a bike without ever having thrown a leg over it.
    For one thing, why must one assume a bike needs to be ridden 600 -700 miles to be worthy of of your definition of rideable? You know that’s like riding from Berlin to Paris, right? You gonna do that all in one day without stopping because you’re more hard core than anyone else? :)
    What else mikes it “unrideable?” The bars? No different than clip ons – been doing those almost thirty years.Rear sets? Hmmm. Seem to go well with clip ons… And their position appears to be a non issue as well. They’re in FRONT of the pipes. As long as you’re moving, guess where the heat is going? When you’re not moving your feet are probably firmly planted on the ground, unless real bikers can perfectly balance their bikes at a light.
    I will grant that while the large wheels are not particularly to my taste, they might be an issue in a high cross wind. But I wouldn’t know, would I? I haven’t actually ridden it. Could be the gyroscopic effect from the larger diameter helps keep the bike steady. Who knows? I do know I’ve seen bigger wind catchers actually attached to the front of a lot of riders, right above their belt line.
    If you actually take the time to look at the relative positions of the bars, pegs, and seat, I see nothing too far out of the norm. Hell, my bike looks more uncomfortable than that, and it’s not uncomfortable at all. I designed it for me. Last week I got a kick out of standing in close proximity to mine at a show, just to hear the absurd comments. “Wow, that seat must be uncomfortable.” Hmmm… My legs don’t even touch those rivets. Next? “I wonder how he rides that thing?” After the third time hearing that I had to step forward and say, “I just use my man arms.” Or my favorite, the 300 pound expert pointing out to his equally portly wife, “Things got no clearance. That oil tank would hit the ground.” Yeah, maybe if the tires were stressed to the bursting point.
    Are so many people out there really willing to believe absolutely no thought goes into these machines? Are your lives so vapid that all you can do is look for ways to disparage the work of others?
    It’s a shame we can’t appreciate what doesn’t fit into own idea of what a bike should look like.

23. 23 Bonneville Nov 20th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

@Racetrack style… What i am saying is that for being a exhaust manufacturer and being its promotional bike, the exhaust design does not have the design expected…And about the ground clearance…If you are talking custom bikes, ground clearance is for sure the last thing you mind.

I agree philosophically with 18bravo, let the imagination fly; this is what show bikes are made for. Ever try a Yamaha R1 on the desert? A Harley on a race track? Each bike belongs to its own world. This is a Show Bike, a display bike. Open your minds, gentlemans.

24. 24 Jay Horton's Private Shop Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:32 am

….cans of flat black are available at Wal-Marts, fellows.

If you want “rideable, by your definition” then please go to your favorite manufacturer’s showroom where they will provide you with all the “rideable art” you can afford.

@18bravo -spot on!!!

Let those that can’t build, buy.

Later Jay

25. 25 MDSPHOTO Nov 21st, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Very cool. What’s wrong with having one to ride and one to show? Don’t see anything wrong with that if you’ve got the coin.

26. 26 badams Nov 21st, 2012 at 4:47 pm