Custom Harley-Davidson Sportster Inspired By Technics Headphones And Turntable

Another custom bike built as a marketing and advertising tool, this time for the Panasonic brand Technics. A Sportster 883 was stripped down to bare frame by Roland Sands and Andy Bell and fully rebuilt using a lot of custom designed parts inspired by 2 Technics DJ products, the RP-DH1250 headphones as well as the classic SL-1200MK2 professional turntable (among other original parts, check the wheels). When completed Nitro Circus motocross racer and madman Andy bell took the bike to the desert for a few fast spins. Watch the video (music made from around 100 sounds to showcase the Technics headphones range sonority range)

8 Responses to “Custom Harley-Davidson Sportster Inspired By Technics Headphones And Turntable”

1. 1 GuitarSlinger Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:35 am

I should for all practical purposes despise this bike as I’m no fan of ‘ Theme ‘ based customs or most of RSD’s work either .

Problem is ………. I love it !

So much for preconceptions and prejudices πŸ˜‰

2. 2 Knucklehead Dec 28th, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I think it looks great. Not a cafe person per-say but I like this style.

3. 3 domino Dec 28th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Can’t say that I like the video so much as “appreciate” it for being “unique”….

Way cool bike, if only he could do something with the out of place looking stock oil bag…

4. 4 Sharrack Dec 28th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Great sound especially with my new apple earbuds!
    Cool bike…..bud holy cow…..small bike!! Riding posture looks crazy cramped.

5. 5 nicker Dec 28th, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Cool scoot.

Was hoping to see some one seriously sliding a sporty out on the dry lakes.
    Wrong handlebars, too bad.
    Fun video though.

-nicker-

6. 6 Nathan Dec 29th, 2012 at 10:45 am

Like the bike hate the video.

Video dragged out getting to the point, namely showing the bike. When it finally did show the bike, it was dark and the camera angle was such that I couldn’t clearly make out the lines of the bike.

Now one can see the bike’s lines when it is being ridden but woulda prefered skipping all the superfluous artsy direction.

7. 7 Harlan Schiilinger Dec 31st, 2012 at 10:45 am

Most that build theme bikes build for show and no go. It appears that RS know’s only the goooooo and show.
    His stuff is very coooool and definitely built to ride.
    Nice!

8. 8 Uncle Ted Jan 2nd, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Cool Video, I saw the bike as it was being built, it came out nice. Andy Bell is a big dude so he makes the bike look small, check out his video where is running with the bull’s in Spain for Hotels dot com

Crusher