Indian Motorcycle Student Project.

indianconcept1indianconcept2indianconcept3indianconcept4It would not be rideable, but an interesting design approach  by a student named Wojtek Bachleda who tried to imagine an Indian motorcycle boardtracker for the next generation of e-bikes. Photographed by Piers at “DeRestricted”

12 Responses to “Indian Motorcycle Student Project.”

1. 1 Shifter Jan 10th, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Wow!

2. 2 Brandon Jan 10th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Beautiful and unpractical. Typical of a student…who needs to be encouraged.

3. 3 Laurence Zankowski Jan 10th, 2013 at 1:03 pm

@shifter

Wow! Is right! How soon before we see a cantilevered seat system integrated into the frame on a salt flat racer?

Or even a cafe type… My mind is spinning with ideas .

Laurence

4. 4 Doc Jan 10th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Sure it looks great but come on guys. If you can’t ride it for anything over 100-150 miles…it’s just a “piece of art”. We could all design something that don’t work. In fact, i have a motorcycle design with no wheels!!!!

5. 5 Kevin Jan 11th, 2013 at 7:58 am

And the AMD goes too…….

Doc,

Most Harley customs won’t go 100 miles on their tank of fuel or even turn and fewer meet the “haven’t seen that before” criteria which must at this time be part of anything being judged at a show. I’d love to see more original design and the Speedster at AMD from two years ago is what the likes of Harley’s tired designs should aim for.

K

6. 6 WRXr Jan 11th, 2013 at 8:38 am

Love the “through the tire” spoke design. Original thinking all the way around.

7. 7 Jay Horton's Private Shop Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:01 am

Sure looks doable to me. Anybody got the money to start the project……?

Students are supposed to dream; that’s how “we-all” get better, otherwise, it’s business as usual and you’re left at the back of the pack.

Later Jay

8. 8 Seymour Jan 11th, 2013 at 11:07 am

I like that it’s not rideable.

9. 9 Doc Jan 11th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

@Kevin. My custom does and so do everyone of my buddy’s harley customs. Mine turns too (although WIDE I do admit). If you can’t ride it, it’s arguably not a bike. That’s the problem with all these alleged “biker build-offs” of late. They build an unrideable contraption fit for display but not for the road. Not hating, just want function over “nuthin but looks”. Innovation is never a bad thing, but innovation without function is just art. Jus sayin….

10. 10 Matt Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Forward thinking but still retains the spirit and traits of the old Indian racers. Very impressive.

11. 11 18Bravo Jan 11th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Again? Who determines the rideability of this machine? Have you all ridden it? Just because it doesn’t fit in to what your idea of a bike should like like, doesn’t make in unrideable. And how does not being able to ride it (unproven) over 150 miles make it just “a piece of art?”
    I’ve ridden on three continents. I guarantee you I didn’t need to go 150 miles to be considered a rider. Hell, a lot of Europeans can’t even ride that far without at least one border crossing.
    Personally, I like it. If you don’t, that’s fine. But let’s please stop this cliche from perpetuating itself every time you see something different. Or is there more to it? If you can’t throw a leg over something like this without your gut getting in the way, maybe it’s time to hit the gym.

12. 12 Ron Jan 14th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I’m with 18Bravo. It looks different but given that it has suspension all round and probably a sound geometry my bet is that this is more rideable than many of the hardtail bikes we see in magazines or shows. It’s not my style but I think it’s interesting and many of the ideas do make it to production bikes, you just wouldn’t realize it because it’s on a different bike (different context). Let’s try and have a little forward thinking.