Yesterday at the New York IMS show, Victory kicked off its 15th Anniversary celebration with the introduction of a Cross Country Tour Limited Edition. This bike combines industry-leading touring performance, style and comfort with a salute to the first Victory motorcycle ever built 15 years ago. Only 150 of these specially equipped versions of the world’s ultimate touring motorcycle will be built.
The first Victory motorcycle – an Antares Red over Black V92C with gold pinstriping – was built in Spirit Lake, Iowa, on the Fourth of July 1998. Fifteen years later, 150 specially equipped 15th Anniversary Cross Country Tour Limited Edition units featuring commemorative paint and anniversary badges will roll off the same assembly line. Fifteen years ago, Victory offered one model, the V92C classic cruiser – a bike on which you can still see riders rolling up miles. Today, Victory now provides riders with a full lineup of Cruisers, Baggers and Touring models. Steve Menneto, Polaris VP Motorcycles, said that the coming year will include several special 15th Anniversary celebrations at events such as Daytona Bike Week, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and the American Victory Rally in Spirit Lake, Iowa, the birthplace of every Victory ever built.
The 15th Anniversary Cross Country Tour Limited Edition features:
• Exclusive Sunset Red over Gloss Black paint with gold pinstriping – inspired by the first Victory ever built.
• 15th Anniversary Fairing Badge, Saddlebag Graphics and Numbered Dash Badge.
• Red-letter Cam Badge and Primary Badge.
• Cut & Sew Seats with a custom-stitched 15th Anniversary Badge.
• Billet Wheels.
• Numerous chrome features, including: Front and Rear Fender Trim, Fuel Cap, Sprocket Cover, Engine Covers, Switch Cubes and Controls, Saddlebag Lid Rails, and Trunk Luggage Rack.
• Garmin GPS.
• XM Radio.
• Four KICKER® Premium Speakers.
• iPhone®/iPod® Cord.
• Black Blade Windscreen.
• Removable Saddlebag and Trunk Liners.
All Victory Cross Country Tour features:
• The most storage space of any motorcycle in the world. The trunk, saddlebags and two front storage compartments provide a total of 41.1 gallons of space.
• The Victory Comfort Control System lets riders control airflow from the front end using the adjustable Upper Air Controls and Lower Air Controls.
• An Audio System integrated in the fairing.
• The Victory Freedom® 106/6 V-Twin, a 106-cu. in. engine that delivers 106 ft-lb of torque, mated to a 6-speed transmission with overdrive.
• Victory Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) that provides reliable braking to help a rider stop quickly and under control.
• Cruise Control enhances comfort with its reliable performance and easy operation.
• The 5.8-gallon (22 liter) fuel tank provides riders with outstanding range.
• Heated Seats and Heated Handgrips let riders extend their riding seasons in comfort.
• The Tall Windshield provides excellent protection and reliable visibility in all conditions.
• The 26.25″ Seat Height puts a rider comfortably and confidently in control.
• Adjustable Passenger Floorboards let a passenger customize the comfort and ergonomics.