BreakoutwithAccessoriesHarley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories® has released a number of new accessories designed specifically for the new Harley-Davidson Breakout® introduced last week in Daytona.as a mid-year addition to the 2013 Harley-Davidson® line. These accessories also fit the 2013 CVO™  Breakout® model. See an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for complete fitment details.

sundownerThe Breakout Sundowner™ Solo Seat (P/N 52000098, $199.95) has a deep-bucket design and generous padding for long-distance comfort.

The dished shape provides rider back support, and the wide profile minimizes pressure points. It’s styled like the Original Equipment Breakout seat with a textured vinyl inlay and Harley-Davidson medallion insert. For a two-up ride, combine the solo seat with the matching detachable Sundowner™ Passenger Pillion (P/N 52400066, $179.95).

Breakout-Reduced-Reach-Solo-SeatThe Breakout Reduced Reach Solo Seat (P/N 52000099, $199.95) positions a rider with a shorter inseam in a confident relationship to the ground and to the hand and foot controls. The tapered nose brings the rider’s legs together for an easier reach to the ground at a stop, and a stepped profile provides back support and keeps the rider from sliding backwards during acceleration.

This seat is styled like the Original Equipment Breakout seat with a textured vinyl inlay and Harley-Davidson medallion insert.

Breakout-Reduced-Reach-HandlebarThe Breakout Reduced Reach Handlebar (P/N 55800188, $279.95) is shaped to provide the ideal balance of pull back and width to place the rider closer to the controls in a comfortable, upright position.

When combined with the Original Equipment Breakout curved risers, the Reduced Reach Handlebar provides an overall pull back of 7 inches. This 1.25-inch-diameter handlebar can be internally wired.

Breakout-Fat-Mini-Ape-BarThe 1.25-inch-diameter Breakout Fat Mini Ape Handlebar (P/N 55800252, $419.95) is 10.25 inches high to combine old-school attitude with comfort for long rides, and is factory drilled to accept internal wiring. The kit includes a riser and clamp with gauge mount. The separate purchase of additional components is required for installation.

Breakout-Detachable-Leather-Bags.2Breakout Detachable Leather Saddlebags (P/N 90200816, $829.95) offer 2,100 cubic inches of handy capacity and detach with the pull of an internal handle, leaving behind two inconspicuous docking points.

A rigid plastic tub, wrapped in genuine leather, offers long-term durability. Leather straps with magnetic tips hide quick-disconnect closures for packing convenience. Installation requires the separate purchase of an appropriate Docking Hardware Kit.

Breakout-Turbine-Wheel.2Original Equipment on the 2013 CVO™ Breakout model, cast-aluminum Turbine Custom Wheels (P/N 43300047 Front, P/N 40900057 rear; $799.95 each) feature 21 spokes which extend to the edge of the rim, creating the illusion of a larger wheel diameter.

These wheels are meticulously polished and chrome plated for maximum reflective effect. Complete the look with Turbine Custom Floating Brake Rotors (P/N 41500070 Front, P/N 41500069 Rear; $249.95 each) and a Turbine Billet Sprocket (P/N 42200007, $399.95).

Installation requires the separate purchase of a model-specific wheel installation kit, sprocket hardware and brake rotor-specific hardware.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

30 Responses to “New Accessories Offered For The Harley-Davidson Breakout. Seats, Handlebars, Seats, Bags and Wheels”

1. 1 Jason Dietrich Mar 14th, 2013 at 9:10 am

Did anyone notice that Harley-Davidson has never produced and offered so many custom parts to “personalize” their stock models? Pushing hard.

2. 2 John Y Mar 14th, 2013 at 9:44 am

$420.00 for handlebars?

3. 3 Matt Mar 14th, 2013 at 10:53 am

Jason, thats what makes them the king of the heap. You can easily make any bike you purchase uniquely yours. Thats why people buy H_D’s, endless customization. Any brand that wants to catch them will have to be able to offer a significant number of parts, paint and accessories because no one wants to ride up next to someone riding the exact same stock bike.

I love those fat mini apes!

4. 4 Tooj Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I see HD is taking its styling cues from the Victory Vegas and Jackpot. Let’s see… first year of Vegas was 2003? Ten years is a long time to develop a copy.

5. 5 BobS Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Put a cool headlight on that bike and it would be kinda Victory like. A cool headlight and a motor with some guts and it’d very Victory like.

6. 6 Homer Mar 14th, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Are all these parts 100% made in the USA ?
    Why not?

7. 7 Sharrack Mar 14th, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Lol…more kool aid please !

8. 8 richard Mar 15th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Tried to respond to these post yesterday. Don’t know what happened???

Victory like? That’s funny!
    Are these parts 100% made in America? Why Not? That’s funnier!

9. 9 John Mar 16th, 2013 at 8:32 am

The turbine wheels in black should the stock wheel for the non CVO Breakouts. And for 2014 harley needs to replace the 240 rear with a 180 it they want to produce sales.

10. 10 John Mar 16th, 2013 at 8:41 am

The turbine wheel in black should be the stock wheel for all non CVO Breakouts. And for 2014 Harley needs to replace the rear 240 with a180 if they want to produce sales of this bike. Or it will die as fast as the Rocker and the Blackline.

11. 11 John Mar 16th, 2013 at 8:46 am

Or the Breaker will die like the Rocker and the Blackline !

12. 12 John Mar 16th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Ok after a cup of coffee and a little more thinking I would also add for the next years model . I would also go with some longer front forks maybe 3 or even 4” over stock. Now that and some 8″ pullback bars they mite have something to sell for 2014.

13. 13 Buck Private Mar 16th, 2013 at 3:04 pm

It’s the shell game…Sell it to em’ twice” How much did the 1st. set of handlebars cost? Less or more
    than the one shown above? When you replace a part on your car you are pissed about it right? Just put an unrideable (over 100 mile) seat on it and, KAZAAAAAM! How about them new seats.

14. 14 John Apr 6th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I would also like to see them release at least 1000 in there 110 th anniversary color !

15. 15 vinnie May 6th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

i own one,it is fantastic rear 240 is awsome w 130 front. tire is rounded not flat.turns leans w ease. changed breather and pipes 100 horsepower. ride position is either up cruising or down cafe style. its 2013 this bike is now, put cvo chrome rims really bad ass

16. 16 vinnie May 15th, 2013 at 8:37 pm

just got off the highway’ f n great ! lurkin waitin 4 any bike 2 try & compete. its always the person not the bike that will win but it helps when both r together! let u no when i get some competition

17. 17 baz May 27th, 2013 at 2:21 am

Hope your right about the Turns with Ease, Vinnie as im just about to buy one. Ive been riding a Springer for the last 10 years and im not sure how that fat rear will handle winding roads loaded for long trips.. Did two 10,000 trips round OZ last year (80 kls of luggage) and a15,000k trip in the USA in 2008 inc Stugis. Will the Breakout make a good long distance bike. I guess my next trip from Perth to Cairns and back will tell me. Was going to buy a Fatboy but that Breakout looks so good.

18. 18 John May 27th, 2013 at 10:22 pm

With a 240 rear tire it’s handles like a trike !

19. 19 Greg Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:17 am

Handles like a trike? I don’t know how them handle, but I’m thinking not much leaning into the curves. I’ve owned my breakout for a little over a month. I’ve put 1500 mile on it and this this is freaking awesome. It gets so many looks and great comments and I absolutely love the back tire! It looks wicked and I can lay this thing over and kiss the pavement! Don’t put something down until you know what your talking about.

20. 20 tim Jun 10th, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I have owned one for a few mnths…absolutely love it.i live in marion about one mile from the start of the back of the drangon….you will not be disappointed in the performance of the breakout or the handling of the wide tire..well i love mine..just a country boy

21. 21 Jack gravallese Jul 20th, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I also own a cvo breakout the bike handles awesome. Maybe people are just jealous because they can’t afford one

22. 22 Terence Tory Jul 21st, 2013 at 10:46 am

“Breakout: the check book?” .If H-D produces such good bikes why is it necessary to bedaub them with such glitzy odds,and sods,and bobs? Most of these parts prices seem a great rip-off to me.The bike looks just like every other H-D softail to me.The Victory High-Ball creates a much stronger impression on the road.Great classic bikes like Vincents,sixties Triumphs and even R90s BMWs look great stock as a rock out of the box.I’m a great believer in personalizing a bike by actually having a personality to portray while on it,not just using the drastic plastic card on baubles.

Jason,” thats what makes them the king of the heap”,the two of us have somewhat different types of heap.

Jack gravallese: People jealous? I guess even men need fairy stories to justify massive loan repayments every month.

23. 23 Dave Jul 27th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Hey John
    I brought a breakout
    First Harley
    In oz went over a little mountain to a cafe near Brisbane (mt glorious)
    A guy came up to me and could not believe it was a Harley in his words ” thought it was one of those crappy jap one a bees” you see John I got no pipes yet all it’s all standars I’ve owned it for two days
    I brought a Harley because its a Harley. Because heritage history and nestalger over come all the rest
    In other words when I was growing up I never said I wanted a Yamaha or Honda or the rest
    I’ve owned all types of sports bikes but always wanted a Harley always dreamed ill be residing down the highway open face and all that.
    On the way down the mountain I cought up to that guy and his mates
    BMW, monster, tiger and some other one
    By the time we got down the bottom they were all behind me
    Pegs were scaped and all that I then went super slow
    Not one looked not one acknowledged me
    Why be a hater there’s always someone better always smarter always funnier
    Enjoy what you have and that’s two wheels.

24. 24 Sean Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I purchased a Breakout 3 weeks ago. My first Harley after owning two Honda sport bikes. When asked why I decided to switch to a Harley, my answer was “I am a little older, wiser, and have developed a appreciation for the finer things in life” All in all, I love this bike. breaking away slightly from the looks of traditional Harley models, the Breakout immediately grabbed my attention. It handles very well. I have no problem on the open highway or around the curved mountain roads outside of Phoenix. Yes, i may not be able to lean as far as other models but make no mistake, leaning and taking curves are not an issue on this bike. If I wanted to race down mountain roads touching my knees on the ground, I will take out my Honda, but that is not what I am after anymore. I wanted something that looks good, handles well, can get up to speed quickly when needed and take me for long drives allowing me to soak in the scenery and enjoy life outside of the corporate rat race. This bike delivers the goods, and the looks of this bike even add to the scenery. When driving around town or on the open road, people are checking it out, up close many are surprised to learn that it is an HD.

If you want a bike that has Harley quality, looks mean, sounds good, and handles well, this is a perfect bike. I see a lot of people passing judgement without ever sitting on the bike. Don’t talk about what you don’t know. About the price tag? I work very hard for my money, I couldn’t have asked for a better reward for the long hours, frequent travel and stress I deal with on a daily basis. I look forward to getting on my Breakout every weekend for a little fun, excitement and stress relief. LIfe is good, life is better with my new Breakout

25. 25 louisville bookkeeping service Aug 5th, 2013 at 5:04 am

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you are working with? I’m having some
    minor security issues with my latest site and I would like to find something more
    safeguarded. Do you have any recommendations?

26. 26 wolfman.mc Aug 19th, 2013 at 6:56 am

Why is it the under dogs always compare their bikes to Harley. They never compare their bikes to each other. Honestly whether you admit it or not, you’ll always be bothered that you don’t have have one because it’s recognized by so many as the standard by so many. Always manage to try and put down HD to justify the decision to either get something cheaper, or not as well respected. It must be difficult no matter where you go to ride in the shadow of a Harley, but suck it uo butter cup. All 4 of my Harleys still have near or more than their original value. So get off the the drama about what you pay for one, because they hold their value. I have 3 new models, and my 1978 SHovelhead is worth more now than when new.

I have no issues with what anyone chooses to ride, but LMAO at people trying to convince themselves their bike is better. AFter 38 years of riding HD’s, it gets sickening hearing wannabes claim their bike looks like a Harley, but they paid a lot less for it. Or their bike sounds like a Harley when they put pipes on it. No it doesn’t look or sound like a Harley. Metrics have copied Hsrleys logos, fenders, tanks, headlights, bars, etc for decades. After years of bashing HD’s V-twin, they all stick them in their bikes now.

I have never heard one Harley owner ever compare their bike to any other make and say their bike looks or sounds like something else. Think about it. But everyone else compares their bike to a Harley. Ride whatever you want,but accept your choice and quit whining about something that you can’t understand. .

27. 27 wolfman.mc Aug 19th, 2013 at 7:00 am

BTW, I just bought a 2013 Breakout 2 days ago and it is amazing. It does handle well. The matched rubber with an accurate rake produces handling far better than I expected. It is actually one of the bikes highpoints. Test drive one if you doubt it. To date this is my favorite HD cruiser in 38 years.

28. 28 Fanie Aug 27th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Put a 260 rear on standard rim, awesome !!! also had the bike painted cobalt blue with flames, stunning !

29. 29 Fanie Aug 27th, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Also added two toolboxes, Ness aircleaner, storage tubes on down tubes and nose cone, all painted same color. And added ape hangers, what a beauty !

30. 30 New Breakout Owner! Sep 8th, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Okay I can summerize this in a quick easy way. Had a 750 GSXR loved it… older now and own a Breakout as of this past Saturday. LOVE IT-! it is not your typical HD right, its not a long ride bike as well. Head turner-yes, getup and go-yes, hit the turn and rub-no probelm, stock is great throughout the bike other than the grips. Just took the wife on a ride on it… she loved it and the only thing we both agreed on was it would be nice to have a sissybar due to the narrow seat in the back. LOVE IT-!!!