Harley-Davidson Chrome Front Engine Mount Bracket For Sportster Models

Sportster-Chrome-Stabilizer-and-BracketAdd the bling of brilliant chrome to Harley-Davidson Sportster models with the new Front Engine Mount Bracket (P/N 16400022, $119.95) and Engine Mount Stabilizer Link (P/N 16400020, $49.95) from Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories.

The chrome Front Engine Mount Bracket is machined from premium 6061-T6 aluminum, and is a direct bolt-on replacement for the Original Equipment upper bracket.

It can be used with the stock stabilizer link, or dressed up with the chrome Front Engine Mount Stabilizer Link.

For a complete transformation, install two chrome stabilizer links. Each kit includes chrome-plated mounting hardware and fits 2004-later Sportster models. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s Website.

10 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Chrome Front Engine Mount Bracket For Sportster Models”

1. 1 Greeko Apr 3rd, 2013 at 11:17 am

Bling, bling.

2. 2 Tooj Apr 3rd, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Looks cool next to that biscuit ‘meep-meep’ horn.

3. 3 Frank Dracman Apr 3rd, 2013 at 1:26 pm

(YAWN)

Between this and their new tourpak latches (2 stories below), does h-d have nothing better to offer? They have big press releases on the next overpriced widget. What’s next? …a triple chrome plated set of h-d license plate fasteners for the low price of $84.99?

They must invest all their R&D funds in marketing and not their bikes. I mean look at the awesome photography and well written press release….for what? A bracket?! Really?

The sad thing is, there are people who eat that stuff up.

4. 4 Flying Piston Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:12 am

“…What’s next? …a triple chrome plated set of h-d license plate fasteners for the low price of $84.99?…” Oh now you’ve done it Frank. Someone is gonna bring that to the table as a product development idea tomorrow morning.

5. 5 Woody's Apr 4th, 2013 at 9:31 am

Laugh at H-D if you must, but how many times have you heard the refrain from owners of OTHER makes bemoaning that, “Nobody makes any aftermarket stuff for my bike.”? I could care less about a chromed engine mount, but I’m glad it will possibly subsidize R&D costs for some bling that I would buy.

6. 6 Izadore Apr 4th, 2013 at 9:39 am

Cyril, you are here to provide your bloggers all about Motorcycle Biz! And you do!

7. 7 Frank Dracman Apr 4th, 2013 at 10:15 am

@ Woody’s….My Triumph Thunderbird has a plethora of factory accesories. But mostly, it was made right, from the factory. And it’s cheaper, handles better, runs on 87 octane (not hi-test which H-D requires), yet is somehow faster even though it is heavier.

8. 8 Woody's Apr 4th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

@Frank “cheaper, better, faster, heavier” than what? Every other bike out there? ☺ All I’m saying is I think it’s wrong to make fun of the H-D bling factory because it’s obviously what their customers want. Otherwise they’d stop making the stuff because it would be filling warehouses instead of their bank accounts.

9. 9 Frank Dracman Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:10 am

@Woody’s – Apologies: T-Bird vs. an equiv. H-D (Dyna?)

And, yes, if that’s what their customers want, to each his own. Just not me. I buy to meet my needs, not to fit in. btw, I almost bought an XR1200 but H-D can’t fix the gas tank cover issue.

10. 10 Woody's Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:30 am

@ Frank, got it ☺ BTW, I think they issued a fix for that- they lift up the gas cap and slide an aftermarket tank under it, then throw away the cap 😉