Avon Tyres Introduces Cobra Combination For Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Models

CobraComboAvailable now, Avon Tyres has a great new Cobra tire combination for the popular Harley-Davidson Fat Boy (2007 model year and newer), Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy (2006 model year), and Fat Boy Lo® (2010 model year and newer). Avon states that the new Cobra 140/75R17 Cobra AV71 (front) and 200/55R17 Cobra AV72 (rear) make the perfect combination for incredible handling and stability. Compared to the stock tires, the Cobra provides the Fat Boy owner with nimble handling at lean angles and in a variety of conditions.

Unlike many tires that have a center groove, this Cobra set features specially designed grooves called Force Following Grooves (FFG) that transmit energy from the road evenly across the surface of the tire to improve handling and reduce irregular wear. The snakeskin effect sidewall along with the Cobra logo and special tread design offer exceptional style as well as performance.

“At Avon Tyres, we know that Harley-Davidson customers want the right combination of style and performance in a replacement tire, so we use Lifetime Profile Engineering (LPE) to engineer the perfect combination that will offer consistent performance throughout the life of the tire,” stated Sukoshi Fahey, Sales and Marketing Manager, Avon Tyres. “Avon has developed a number of special Cobra fitments for Harley-Davidson motorcycles including fitments for the FL touring motorcycles, and now we’re expanding with great options for the Fat Boy that offer excellent mileage, comfort and grip.”

For more information visit Avon Tyres. To find a dealer near you, go to Avon Dealers.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

7 Responses to “Avon Tyres Introduces Cobra Combination For Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Models”

1. 1 Shifter Apr 20th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

So, Avon or Metzeler? Which one to prefer? Any info to give me?

2. 2 Rob Apr 20th, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Had Venom’s on the Superglide twice, loved them. Got Cobra’s on the Road King now,about 4000 miles on them,ride is firmer,but handling is superior. As for the other Brands,tire technology is so advanced i believe that they are all close ,performance wise………………..Pick yer poison

3. 3 calif phil Apr 21st, 2013 at 8:35 am

Avon is the better of those two brands, Try them and you will luv ‘em.

4. 4 Zoomer Apr 21st, 2013 at 9:02 am

IMHO Metzlers wear slightly longer than Avons, but Avon handles far superior to any tire I’ve used. Venoms on my old Softail and wifes RK, Cobras on my RG.

5. 5 SIGFREED Apr 21st, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Michelin is still the definitive benchmark.

Running COMMANDER’s on my ’05 CVO Fatboy – with Brembo brakes. It transformed Fatboy into a different bike. I effortlessly scrape the floorboards through the twisties and can give it a full hand of front braking (like you would with a sportsbike) without any drama.

6. 6 Kevin Boyle Kustoms Apr 24th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I have tried every brand I love me metzies!

7. 7 Slims skid mark Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:31 pm