PS1PS2High performance suspension and massive touring machines are not often spoken of in the same sentence. Yet Progressive Suspension seems to know these are the bikes that need it the most. With that in mind, they’ve taken their top shelf 970 Series damper and engineered a remote reservoir to create what is likely the pinnacle of bagger suspension.

They begin with high pressure gas charged dampers, incorporate deflective disc valving and package them in hard anodized aluminum bodies designed to reduce friction and increase performance. They also tell me progressive rate springs are regulated via threaded pre-load adjusters, allowing for the ultimate in fine tuning and personalized ride quality.

Remote Reservoirs mount in front of the bags and allow for additional tuning via easily accessed compression adjustment knobs. Available in 12”, 13” and standard or heavy duty spring rates to suite your desired ride height and weight. Fitment for 1993-2013 Harley Baggers. Check it out on Progressive Suspension Website or contact your local Progressive Suspension dealer for more information.

8 Responses to “New Progressive Suspension 970 Series Piggyback Shocks. Probably The Highest Performance Shock Ever Offered For The Bagger.”

1. 1 Joshua May 3rd, 2013 at 9:49 am

To be copied soon by H-D.

2. 2 Big Mike May 3rd, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Function over form may be a tough sell for Harley owners as looks are a big part of the reason people buy Harleys.

I’m sure it’s a very nice piece, but I couldn’t get over the appendages hanging there in front of my saddle bags.

3. 3 richard May 3rd, 2013 at 2:44 pm

What is the cost? My Road Kings stock, air adjusted shocks provide me with a great ride with varying load. One up, two up, with lot’s of gear, with almost nothing in the bags…..It is a touring bike and I (an old guy) ride in that mode.

The reason I ask is that I’d like to know what is the cost benefit. Seems to me these shocks could be trying to fill a “need” that don’t exist.

4. 4 Blackmax May 3rd, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Great Idea from one of the best around !!!!
    But what if your passenger minds that they are in the way ?????

5. 5 Progressive Suspension May 3rd, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Pure high performance suspension. Designed for the rider that demands the best. Remote reservoirs do not impact passenger foot placement. MSRP is $1249 per pair.

Happy to answer any other questions you guys may have.

6. 6 Tim May 4th, 2013 at 9:10 am

I was a doubter. put the 940 on my 03 Road Glide and the bike actually became fun to ride added the montubes and wow what an improvement. We put the 440 on my wife 02 electra glide and she put over 60k miles on it. we traded it in for a used 07 with less then 10k miles on it, my wife road 60 miles home with her “new” bike and got off it and told me to go back and get her old 60k+ mile shocks off her old bike. I replaced them with a new set of 440s. when I bought my 12 road glide the bike did not leave the dealership without the montubes. I unfortunatly had to wait 6 monthes for the new 944 to come out and that sucked. hated riding the bike. now with the 944 the bike rides great and I love it. My point is Progressive builds great stuff and if these are anything like the other versions they will sell and customers will want them-once they try them.
    I never knew what I was missing until I tried new shocks on a bike. Sorry but the GOD’s in Milwaukee us the crappiest shocks in the world.

7. 7 richard May 4th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

To Progressive Suspension…Thanks for the response regarding price.

Also…I have a friend that has a “slammed” Road Glide. He weighs 300+. His bike has low profile or short travel shocks which gives the bike a lower seat height/profile. When he and his wife go for a ride he has either bottoming issue at lower air pressure, or the ride becomes too stiff when he pumps up the shocks to where they will not bottom..He can’t seem to find a “happy medium”. Can you advise if these shocks will appreciably help and how.

Tim, Thanks for the feedback. Sounds as if they are working well for you and your wife.

8. 8 Bigalyts May 5th, 2013 at 1:20 am

great and one of the most Important Item for Riding. First is to buy the best Rubber and then a great shock. These Progressive 970’s are not cheap. Sounds like they are getting right up there with Ohlins…………..Wow! Talk about Pricey! Wow what a difference.!