New Destroyer Exhaust System For Harley-Davidson Touring Models

DestroyerExhaust1DestroyerExhaust2DestroyerExhaust3Jerry Covington extends his line of Bagger parts with this new “Destroyer” exhaust system. Seen only on his one-off Harley Touring creations until now – a good way to test the market – it is now in production and available for your Harley Tourer 1995 and up. .

Offered in chrome or black finish, the “Destroyer” exhaust is sold with the heat shields, all the mounting hardware, O2 ports & plugs. Regular MSRP is $1195 in chrome and $1295 in black, but for a limited time, Jerry Covington propose to my readers an introductory price of $995 chrome and $1095 black. Made in the USA. Covingtons Customs. 580-256-2939

And now the legal print: “Not legal for sale or use in California on any pollution controlled motor vehicles. Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used, registered or licensed for use upon a highway”

18 Responses to “New Destroyer Exhaust System For Harley-Davidson Touring Models”

1. 1 roscoe Jun 1st, 2013 at 9:56 am

WTF??

What can you fit in that top box, a sandwich? LOL

The exhaust is as ugly as the rest of the bike.

2. 2 Ray Shaft Jun 1st, 2013 at 10:03 am

I disagree. I think it’s a very fine looking tourer, including the exhaust.

3. 3 Steve Carr Jun 1st, 2013 at 10:10 am

We had a chance to see this bike in person during Thunderbeach a couple of weeks ago. Amazing would not be a good enough word to describe this bike. Engraved wheels…….engine…..bars….ect.

Just pure art is all I can say.

Steve Carr

4. 4 Blackmax Jun 1st, 2013 at 10:36 am

It’s the new sytle of Bagger exhaust that a number of people are putting out vs. the standard pipe under each bag. Different stokes for different folks.
    Not for me, but it is cool enough if you like that sort of style. (Especially in the black)
    Easier to rig for a flame thrower kit & not as offensive as some of the bagger trends out there nowadays..

5. 5 Dave Blevins Jun 1st, 2013 at 10:37 am

Nice looking bike.

6. 6 nicker Jun 1st, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Nice looking scooter and well finished.
    But certainly not a “Touring creation” ….???

What happens to that pipe when your fully loaded and taking a right hand sweeper at speed….???
    (unless ya call toy-runs touring)

-nicker-

7. 7 RUB Jun 2nd, 2013 at 4:17 am

I’m with Nicker , right hand turns might be noisey ……………

8. 8 Tun Kar Jun 2nd, 2013 at 5:39 am

Nice one
    Its look amazing…

9. 9 Zipper Jun 2nd, 2013 at 7:20 am

Roscoe tell us what you really think about this bike. ..Z

10. 10 ultrat Jun 2nd, 2013 at 9:04 am

DIFFERENT!!!!!!

11. 11 Terence Tory Jun 2nd, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I agree with roscoe.The big front wheel slammer bagger fashion item is just a recipe to tank-slap into the weeds at 70 mph after hitting a bump.This bike would have trouble doing a tour down pot-holed city streets to get a BigMac and back home.A 1K barn-find GoldWing would be about ten times the tourer actually touring anywhere.If I want a zorst like this I’ll get a rust-bucket Charger.I think this system is ugly and has about zero cornering clearance.Back to the drawing bored.

12. 12 Johnny Wolf Jun 2nd, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Not my style, but to the “nay-sayers” with regards to turns…..seeing how the front fender is almost touching the fairing, I’d venture to say it’s an air suspension.

So many “experts” here as usual.

13. 13 Terence Tory Jun 3rd, 2013 at 7:54 am

Johnny Wolf.You don’t need to be an expert to see that the pipe exits under the bags and sits lower than the floorboards= scrape city max.

14. 14 Mark Shubin Jun 3rd, 2013 at 8:50 am

I have always been more of a believer in “form follows function” rather the the other way around. Besides gas, oil and tires, I try to put my money into improvements that make the bike better. Engine, brakes, suspension etc. And use parts made in the USA. I’d rather have a Baker DD6 and good suspension over a snazzy front end. For riding that is.

15. 15 pokergolf420 Jun 3rd, 2013 at 10:41 am

In my opinion they’re ugly and overpriced. The black is especially ugly on that bike.

16. 16 Johnny O Jun 4th, 2013 at 7:45 am

Nice paint , I’ll bet it looks real fine coming out of the trailer at the next event. That tour pack should hold an extra Hamster T-Shirt or 2 don’t ya think. Don’t get me wrong! you gotta love those guys. Johnny O

17. 17 Scot Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

For all the keyboard commando haters, I’ve seen this bike in person. The pipe tip is flush with the bottom of the extended bags, not hanging under like several have expertly commented on. As for the comment about tank slap at 70, do you think Jerry would still be in business if these bikes were dangerous to ride and tank slapped?

Look them up on facebook.

Remember, this is CYRIL HUZE POST. World’s Number One Magazine For Custom Motorcycle News. The key word there is CUSTOM.

18. 18 Terence Tory Jun 28th, 2013 at 6:06 am

Scot look at the top image with the exhaust tip hanging out,optical illusion? Pipe moves like a mushroom in phase with the moon? People buy custom bikes on how they look,rarely on how they ride.I doubt this bike would tank slap in a straight line at seventy.On a real riders road with bumps and off camber corners I doubt it would handle well.The “1K barn-find GoldWing” would ride about ten times better just about everywhere.Excess just for the sake of it rarely works.Unlike Rick Fairless’s own old custom real world bagger,I doubt this one will “tour”anywhere.Bikes like these belong at shows and on massive color wall posters.