I rode With My Father

chcfathersdayBecause tomorrow is Father’s Day, I thought it would be appropriate to run this video produced by Robert Pandya. Robert is in charge of Indian Motorcycle public relations and frequently comments in my website to answer your questions. He had a chance to ride with his Dad, Dr. Kirit K. Pandya (An Indian from India) for a scenic trip from San Francisco to Los angeles on a Victory Kingpin equipped with a Motorvision Spyder sidecar.

Father and son together for a wonderful memory to last a lifetime. Tomorrow, pay tribute to your father or father figure for the contribution he makes to your life. And if you ever get a chance to ride with your Dad, don’t postpone. Do it now.

21 Responses to “I rode With My Father”

1. 1 Josh Parker Jun 15th, 2013 at 8:54 am

Great idea Cyril to publish this video. Happy Father’s Day to all fathers.

2. 2 roscoe Jun 15th, 2013 at 9:33 am

Beautiful bike.
    Great video.

Robert, your father strikes me as an intelligent man.
    What a fun video, thanks for making it.
    Cyril, thanks for posting it.

Happy Fathers Day.

3. 3 izadore007 Jun 15th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Happy Father’s Day to all of the Worlds Father’s, no matter what Country they are from. i wonder if they edited about the Robert and Father staying overnight in a Ed’s Bed’s Motel or stopping and fueling up at a Pak N’ Go Convenience Store!

4. 4 Doc Robinson Jun 16th, 2013 at 7:43 am

Great story Robert and some great pics and video. What a moving experience to share one of the best roads in the US with your Dad. You are both very lucky. I wish I’d had a chance to do something like this with my Dad.

5. 5 Pat Simmons Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:26 am

Way to go Robert and Kirit! I used to live on US Hwy 1 in N. CA., so I know how beautiful it is. I’m on my way to visit my Dad right now up in N. CA. He’s 93 this year. Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there. Thanks Cyril for another inspiring moment.

6. 6 Freedomlaw Jun 16th, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Great video. South from San Francisco, with a stop at Alice’s Restaurant and Pacific Coast Highway to Monterey and the custom motorcycle sculptures along Rt. 1 — I love it, I’ve done it, and I wish I could do it with my Dad who has passed away. Beautiful video. Happy Father’s Day.

7. 7 Vision Jun 16th, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Loved the Video, Robert. See you in DC!
    -Bob from Arlen’s

8. 8 Johnny Gypo Jun 16th, 2013 at 6:29 pm

My eyes leaked.

9. 9 Wyatt Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Cyril, you da man!

10. 10 Gary Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Best Father’s Day feature/tribute I have seen on the net. Congrats to Robert, Kirit and Cyril for publishing it.

11. 11 Jay Bradshaw Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Moved…

12. 12 Rodent Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Nice!

13. 13 gonup Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:34 am

Thanks for the video. It’s one of those trips we all look back on and wished we weren’t so dam into our own lives and we could of made. great job

14. 14 Red Jun 17th, 2013 at 9:35 am

My late Father took me for my first ride in 1961 on a 40’s WLA. I was 4 at the time. Since that day I woke up thinking about motorcycles and went to bed thinking about motorcycles. Thanks Dad!

15. 15 CafeSportyTC Jun 17th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Mr Pandya, holy cow…. I just hope that someday I can do this with my dad. My dad is more of the Hot rod type but would love to show him why I love two wheels so much… Highways 1…Gods Country right there.

16. 16 Blackmax Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:02 pm

This is one of the COOLEST thing I’ve ever seen on the “net” !!!!
    Kudos to you Robert & your Father for sharing with the rest of us !!!!

17. 17 JD13 Jun 18th, 2013 at 8:10 am

What a great video, great work RP. You are extremely talented and one of the best “family” men I know. Glad you and your Dad got to have this experience. Thanks for sharing!

18. 18 Kirk Perry Jun 18th, 2013 at 2:40 pm

“Before you start out on the open road of “U-turners”, pull-away’s, and T-bones”, I was advised by Flo’ over at Progressive®, to take a 2 hr. safety course:

“The good effects on your insurance policies last for a long time”, she smiled. 🙂

19. 19 Kirk Perry Jun 18th, 2013 at 2:47 pm

This is the test drive. I’m signing up because I told Progressive I already did:

20. 20 CafeSportyTC Jun 20th, 2013 at 10:20 am

^ Wtf? spamming?

21. 21 Robert Pandya Jun 26th, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Hey all –

Thank you so much for the kind words. That was a special trip, and for those of you who have the opportunity to do the same I hope that you set aside whatever stops you and choose to do it.

Motorcycle, Sidehack, Hot Rod, or even a rented convertible – just head out. Burn gas and connect.

Peace to all of you and may your world feature beautiful roads, epic views, and endless family moments. A life is nothing but a bunch of memories and inspirations. Best to make those every chance you can get.

Robert Pandya