Performance Machine Introducing 30″ Forged Wheels

PerformanceMachine30Wheels1PerformanceMachine30Wheels2PerformanceMachine30Wheels3Although Performance Machine is not the first wheel company to offer a 30″wheel, you can bet that if they do it’s because they are convinced that they can sell quite a few to custom builders hoping that many will follow the very tall wheel trend.

Some will get inspired for their new projects, excited to get a choice of 30″ high quality designs from a leader in wheel engineering. Others will scream at this new American excess offered in Chrome or “Black contrast” Doesn’t matter. Customize the way it pleases you.

The rim is a forged 30″ x 4″ offered in the popular Performance Machine Icon, Luxe, Paramount, Shock, Wrath, and XM Turbo designs. What about the tire? It is made by Vee Rubber and Performance Machine can sell it to you. Each 30″ wheel sold with a 30″ tire will cost you $3450. And PM will mount your tire for an extra $100. Order at 800-479-4037.

Correction added 07/22/2013. PM wants to make the following correction: Cost of the wheel is $3450 in chrome with a tire and $3550 in Contrast Cut Platinum with a tire. Mounnting is FREE!  There is no additional charge.  The blog post states that mounting is $100

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

22 Responses to “Performance Machine Introducing 30″ Forged Wheels”

1. 1 J. Shermann Jul 14th, 2013 at 8:55 am

Well, which company is going to up the ante? Is 36 inch the next size? From monster trucks to monster motorcycles.

2. 2 Rodent Jul 14th, 2013 at 10:14 am

Why?

3. 3 Terence Tory Jul 14th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Bigger is not better.As in bigger bills from the customizer or the puffy egos of people who who consider excess good,in the name of excess.I don’t mind women with back,but who kneads 40M breasts?

4. 4 Rob Jul 14th, 2013 at 4:02 pm

i’d like to knead ‘em!

5. 5 Dennis Crabtree Jul 14th, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Silly, just something else to sell.

6. 6 Gil Berenguer Jul 14th, 2013 at 8:33 pm

$100.00 to mount a tire? I can do it with $3.00 dollars worth of zip ties and zero chance of scratching the rim.

7. 7 industry guy Jul 14th, 2013 at 10:34 pm

who is making a 30″ tire??

8. 8 baggerdude Jul 15th, 2013 at 6:16 am

30 inch wheels is not why I ride a motorcycle!

9. 9 Jay Horton's Private Shop Jul 15th, 2013 at 8:07 am

I see the incredulous black bagger crowd has spoken, again…

PM is one of the finest in the industry and has been for a while. They wouldn’t be “tooling up” or “partnering up” if there wasn’t a market.

Different strokes for different folks. Later Jay

10. 10 takehikes Jul 15th, 2013 at 8:51 am

Wow those would look great…..on a Conestoga wagon.

11. 11 Rico 3 Jul 15th, 2013 at 9:03 am

PM probably knows they will sell just a very few. Not profitable, just vendor ego to maintain a leader image.

12. 12 FXDX805 Jul 15th, 2013 at 9:15 am

$3450.00 Thats what I paid for my 89 FXR with a blown head gasket.

13. 13 RUB Jul 15th, 2013 at 11:34 am

can someone please comment on how these things actually handle on the street / turning , stopping , wet roads & pot holes ?

14. 14 Mike Jul 15th, 2013 at 11:58 am

I have to agree with Rodent. WHY ?

15. 15 Olive Oil Jul 15th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Those were first used when the early settlers pulled their wagons through to the west.

16. 16 LoneRider Jul 15th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I can see the trailer queens lining up to purchase these. Not practicle for any bike that is actually ridden, say TenThousand miles a year on the road., not just on and off a trailer. There are gullible suckers born every minutes whom all have to have the newest most iimpractile bolton junk sold. Congratulations roland you have sunken to a new low I imagined couldn’d be met. I was wrong.

17. 17 shovelshot Jul 15th, 2013 at 8:02 pm

You guys sound just like your dad when you were 16 rockin a mullet. Done well it would look fine. RF did a sweet ride with a 26″. Not for me but what the heck.

18. 18 Doc Robinson Jul 16th, 2013 at 7:00 am

A First Class product as we’ve come to expect from Performance Machine. There’s an old saying, “If you build ‘em, they will come”. Like the size or not, I think everybody (except maybe rodent) will agree they are beautiful wheels, impeccably finished.

19. 19 Terence Tory Jul 16th, 2013 at 9:40 am

I have appreciated PM’s products over the years.But these particular wheels are not very good designs by my artistic or functional standard.The only thing they inspire in me is to well avoid anyone who uses one of these wheels and keep their blather relating to “style”,”class”,”beauty”,”upgraded”,etc well out of earshot.And they will talk to anyone.These 30″ wheel bikes will end up in that strange moneypit abyss like mile-long,330 rear wheel choppers.The $5K minimum for a tall wheel front end so you can admire your own reflection in store windows as you pass seems a steep ticket to “KOOL”.I always thought P.M. stood for the performance of a machine,not a performance on a stage.Times change I guess.

20. 20 Rob Jul 16th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I’m waiting for a 60 incher…………………….the unicycle look will be the next fad……………

21. 21 Iron Horse Jul 16th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I’m with Rob…go big or go home. LOL!

22. 22 Blackmax Jul 17th, 2013 at 5:33 pm