Custom Motorcycle Building. It’s One World.

Intro1What do they build beyond our US borders?

In all styles and categories, I picked 16 custom bikes currently touring their respective country or continent.

I don’t pretend that they are representative of all the 2013 worldwide crop of custom built bikes. But I hope that some may inspire you.

The AMD World Championship Of Bike Building having abandoned the US, there are very chances you will see them here during a rally. (photo copyright Roesler, Wieringa, Sander)

1--WakasBikesItaly2--BS_DigIt_HD-FFM15-BS_SevenStar000212-BS_Laverau_CustomWolf_000311--BS_Greyhound_Favourite_00027--BS_Deception_Route66Customs_00013-Sasse-Van-Essen-Germany10--BS_GermanJack_Fossil_000116--BestBagger_000114-BS_PayCashOnly_KrisCustom_0001More custom bikes after the jump.

9-BS_EMD_SpindleWarmUp_00058-BS_EMD_Chopper_00045-Thunderbike-Germany13--BS_MokaRace_ElCamino666_00016-BS_Anarchy77_TGS_0002(All photography copyright H. Roesler, O. Wieringa, F. Sander)

15 Responses to “Custom Motorcycle Building. It’s One World.”

1. 1 Jay Horton's Private Shop Jul 22nd, 2013 at 8:27 am

I think I found the seat from my Panhead on the Ness-style digger. Holy smoke what memories! Very Kool. Later Jay

2. 2 Bleeding Ears Jul 22nd, 2013 at 8:39 am

The result of trying waaaaaay to hard. Freak bikes!

I like LOUD pipes!

3. 3 tattooeddmike Jul 22nd, 2013 at 9:19 am

Once again Cyril, thank you for informing us and giving us the opportunity to see the different styles of builds out-of-country. Some waycool builds… not all my tastes, but doesn’t matter, the effort and craftsmanship is what is COOL! Tattooeddmike

4. 4 takehikes Jul 22nd, 2013 at 10:03 am

I see two I’d ride a few that are OK for someone somewhere and the rest need buried……
    thanks for sharing.

5. 5 Rodent Jul 22nd, 2013 at 10:19 am

Trailer Queen Art!

6. 6 JSDiamond Jul 22nd, 2013 at 10:28 am

Blue digger, all the way.

7. 7 Mazz Jul 22nd, 2013 at 12:14 pm

All beautiful bikes for sure, however, with the exception of the grey café racer, all V-Twin based customs. There are incredible custom bikes being built all over the world that offer a variety of engines. I run an after-school youth program in Canada that has the kids building custom motorcycles and some antique restoration. We are building a wicked British parallel twin based bobber/tracker. There are so many very well built and built at on a budget that could stand side by side with these bikes. I am not slighting your choices, Cyril, I am just saying, there are many others just as kick ass as these. Also, I do like V-Twins!! I don’t want folks to think I don’t!! One other thing, could you tell us where each of these bikes came from? It would be cool to understand the trends in each country. Thanks!

8. 8 Blackmax Jul 22nd, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Thanks Cyril for providing the info …..
    It very myopic to think we here in the U.S. are the alpha & omega of custom bike buliding
    We may have started it, but, like most things nowadays, it is no longer just ours…..
    That’s not a bad thing,
    Examples from Germany, England, France, Denmark / the Netherlands and Japan
    are inspriing folks to try & broaden their horizons & look / try something different

9. 9 Jerry Head Jul 22nd, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Rock ‘n Roll, Coca Cola, Harley Davidson, and Choppers. Some of the best things America has given the World. Thank you for carrying on.

10. 10 Bowhunterjoe Jul 22nd, 2013 at 6:48 pm

80% of number 6 turbo knuckle was built in upland California by chassis design.cool for Anthony his stuff is selling overseas.also the humblest guy in choppers since he lets a lot of “builders” claim his work as their own.

11. 11 nicker Jul 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 pm

RE:
    “….Its One World… ….. they are representative of all the 2013 worldwide crop of custom built bikes… ”

Use-to-be builders were “representative” of their own bikes.
    Isn’t the point of building a custom [anything] that it is unique….. “custom”…..???

According to history. dictators and Progressives are the “One World” champions.

-nicker-

12. 12 cbarter Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Second one from the bottom. “Mafia Race” rules….

13. 13 BC Jul 23rd, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Nice work all, like some others no. Good luck on that digger kick start magneto iron head Sporty. They are the reason Harley stopped making kick start Sportsters. First time it ratchets thru on him he’ll be hating it!

14. 14 Doc Robinson Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Some great craftsmanship there, great imaginations, left-field thinking. Love some, others I can pass on, but what an awesome array!

15. 15 mike Oct 8th, 2013 at 5:10 pm

well i see two Habermann Performance Bikes ,thundercycle last world champion winner and must say as german living in canada the german have the hardest inspection laws and all bikes are made for the autobahn so very high savety rules they not only looking good they running fast ……