Walz Hardcore German Style Lowrider by Swiss Harley Dealer

Baechli1Baechli2More than a quarter of all motorcycles you can see on the roads of Switzerland are Milwaukee made. Since the 70‘s, Bachli Harley Heaven is the top Harley-Davidson dealership in the country and – as many dealers in Europe do, much more than in the US – is also customizing Harleys or pure one-off custom bikes using no or almost no Harley parts. A freedom of expression possible because Bachli Harley Heaven is also a true fabrication shop with all the qualified manpower and tools for sheet metal bending and forming.

Baechli3Baechli4The Swiss Harley dealer is also importing German based Walz Harcore frames and rolling chassis kits available in as many configurations as there are American V-Twin motor platforms. So, logically a first choice of parts when a client shows up with a “radical lowrider envy.” Rainer Baechli, who is running the Dealership in the best tradition of his father Felix,has a close eye on the custom European scene. Several customs built by Walz Hardcore have ended up as being the prized possessions of famous current Formula 1 pilots, and such publicity makes many want to ride the same type of bikes. And those who can afford such type of customs will have to pay a price, up to 140,000 swiss francs or the equivalent of US $151,000!

Baechli5Baechli6On this 6-month project, the Walz Hardcore “Le Mans” rolling chassis with a 40-degree rake is equipped with a Legend Air Suspention on a single-sided swingarm. Front fork is upside-down. Ceriani. Design wheels (3.5” x 18 front, 10.5” x 18 rear) by Walz Hardcore come with matching pulley and discs. The bike is powered by a 105 hp / 110 Cubic-Inch RevTech twin with HSR 42 Mikuni carburetor bolted to a stock 5-speed HD tranny, open belt drive. Switzerland speed limits are low and strictly enforced. But make a quick jump to neighboring Germany and the autobahns are open to any American V-Twin excess. Almost…At one condition: that you don’t violate severe sound regulations. Reason why this machine is equipped a Kess Tech (ESM2)street legal exhaust system letting you “silence” your exhaust at a push of a button when and where required. Controls by Italian Rizoma, headlight for US company Headwind. Bächli Harley Heaven. (with collaboration and photography of Horst Roesler)

15 Responses to “Walz Hardcore German Style Lowrider by Swiss Harley Dealer”

1. 1 BC Aug 26th, 2013 at 8:19 am

Great style , alway like Walz Hardcore stuff !

2. 2 Terence Tory Aug 26th, 2013 at 9:51 am

Walz Hardcore bikes are class,and a class in which to study for very many pro custom builders.

3. 3 Rodent Aug 26th, 2013 at 12:06 pm

A great bike with a RevTech?

4. 4 john reed Aug 26th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Rodent,
    Are you suggesting that Rev tech engines are no good?
    Come for lunch one day check out 3 of my bikes using rev tech engines, and I will prove how good they are.
    If you want come on your bike and we could have a ride down the road and I will show you as well.

5. 5 Chaos Aug 26th, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I am a fan of Walz Hardcore Cycles but I just can’t wrap my head around the $150,000 price tag? You could have a few very nice bikes for that amount of cash.

6. 6 Just a fan Aug 26th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Great looking m/c, like it all except why ruin with a rev-tech, must have been donated.

7. 7 Bowhunterjoe Aug 26th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I am a big fan of Marcus as well.but wow, 150,000.and the paint is one color.the front end is 11,000 bucks.another out there price, g.p. quality or not.i priced one and crapped myself.settled for marzocchi rac50’s and the quality is the same at far less price,but still top shelf stuff.i am only bumming on the revtech because of the total price.a custom shop motor would help to justify more.say parts without paint but including the crazy forks is a generous 35,000.now add the costliest one color paint.thats a hell of a lot of labor cash.now I not only love Marcus’ work but he is a dam genius .YOu go killer.put serious value on moto work.

8. 8 Rodent Aug 26th, 2013 at 5:46 pm

John Reed
    You’ve learn to read! Stop beating the drum for CCI or is that a requirement of your pension plan? What’s for lunch? Your Revtech has probably been massaged by some great nameless mechanic.

9. 9 john reed Aug 26th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Rodent,
    You are a friggin moron
    No lunch, just keep away from

10. 10 Rodent Aug 26th, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Thanx John

11. 11 bart Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:18 am

Yah, my bikes sell for $200,000 each ….claims like that buttress ‘aspirational’ marketing.
    Believe it if you want.

12. 12 Blackmax Aug 27th, 2013 at 7:00 am

Very Nice !!!!

13. 13 Boomer Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I love everything about this bike except the baby blue color and the price tag. If I had my druthers; I’d druther have a 124″ S&S beast in this beauty but that’s just a personal preference.

14. 14 1550tc Aug 27th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Love these steroid injected low life frame knock off 🙂

150K for a rev tech powered bike?? WTF

for 39k K a Jim Nasi afterlife bike is way cooler and cleaner lines…. and A REAL DRIVE TRAIN!!!

15. 15 Terence Tory Aug 28th, 2013 at 12:46 am

1550tc,Nasi’s mile long chopper type is no longer the fashion of any month.Marcus Walz’s bikes are very original and have been so for many years.Euro and D bikes have to be tested and meet high safety, emission and functional tests that U.S. custom bike builders can avoid.I know what bike I’d rather be sitting on at 90mph on an autobahn.I prefer bikes to sit on and ride,not polish and gawp at in the sun I guess.