Was it the most rad bagger in Sturgis? Judges of the “Baddest Bagger” bike show thought so. Love it or like it, at least you must acknowledge that this creation from Canadian Azzkikr Custom Cycles has the merit of originality among a sea of custom tourers with most featuring over molded bodywork, over loaded audio systems and blinding flashy neon paint jobs.
No added power. no high end/multi speakers stereo. Just a (nickel plated) custom made frame, a brand new 93″ Knucklehead style engine from S&S Cycle, a lot of old parts found on eBay resurrected via sandlasting and polishing, and some old school seat and bags leather work. Big concession to the bagger tall wheel fashion statement, the crew opted for the 30″ tall donut, whose addition looks even spectacular when the bike frame is lowered to the ground via an air system (frame down tubes and back bone are used as air tanks), a stance in the weeds sure to please a crowd in all bike shows.
Among the restored pieces saved from the trash bin and now adorning the Knuckle Dragger: a 1940’s Buick taillight, a 1920’s headlight, “brass fists” from an old english hotel formally used as cupboards handles and turned into NPT fittings for the tank gauge. (photography courtesy of Cam Hutchin for Cyril Huze) Azzkikr Custom Cycles.
Knuckle Dragger Features.
– Mad wheels “Eh model” 30″. True spoke model A type replica wheel with faux white wall and vintage drum style hub
– 93″ S&S Cycle Knucklehead
– Baker 4 into 6 hydraulic clutch, Kick, electric.
– Baker primary
– Kustom Tech vintage hand controls.
– Kustom tech Super Freni calipers
– 1924 Cadillac headlight
– Old brass Buick taillight
– Azzkikr hand fabricated frame, springer front end, foot controls, exhaust, handlebars, gas tank, oil tank, air cleaner, engine mounts,
– Down tubes and back bone are air tanks.
– Hoffman design modified rear subframe and swingarm
– All nickel and brass plating
– Paint by Azzkikr candy blue metal flake ,gold leaf and tan paint , additional pinstripe by MYK ROK
– Seat ,foot board and bag coverings by Rafino Custom Seats
– Front air shocks by tricky air
– Monroe rear shocks
– Accuair digitally controlled air system
– Drilled fishtail exhaust tips
– Top shop rear fender and modified bags
– Monza style gas cap
– Fat Katz front fender
– Custom made air cleaner