Are You Overpaying Your Motorcycle Insurance?

hdbreakoutThanks to many websites, comparison of automobile insurance rates is easy. Much more difficult for motorcycle premiums and what they really cover.  The Auto Pros USA Company has developed its average motorcycle insurance comparison database online.  This database covering domestic and foreign brands now features hundreds of different providers for insurance able to offer rates information direct to bikers. Each quote that is requested by motorcycle owners is displayed online to allow simple comparisons of multiple insurers at the same time. Each motorcycle owner has the option to proceed with a policy purchase direct from national and local insurers with an online presence.

insurancequotes“We’ve developed a simple solution to introduce motorcycle riders to insurers without the need for entering data that is considered sensitive during the quotes process,” a source for the Auto Pros company said.

The unique search criteria that is entered into the company database for comparison purposes offers the foundation for each price quote. Each rider who requires insurance enters a zip code where they expect the bike to be used most often.

This information is used as an alternative to name, address, telephone number or other private data. “Based on the zip code information, motorcycle owners are now offered local and national providers of insurance policies that range in coverage amounts, price and length of coverage to provide the most comparison options,” the source confirmed.

One of the exclusions for using this no charge system online is the lack of providers offered in the state of California. The legislation that exists for insurance is controlled by state agencies and regulation controls the price quotes industry. Motorcycle riders seeking coverage in CA are unable to use this new system for comparisons. Others can get a quote at Pros USA Company.

17 Responses to “Are You Overpaying Your Motorcycle Insurance?”

1. 1 Dan Nagel Oct 8th, 2013 at 9:09 am

If you don’t renegotiate every year your insurance premium (at least because the value of your bike went down), you are overpaying.

2. 2 Boss Hawg Oct 8th, 2013 at 10:48 am

Just renewed this week for 1 year.

Progressive $891 annually for less coverage and I am a 10 year Blue Diamond member with no claims.

GEICO $433 annually for better coverage.

Both with the same deductibles. Go figure.

Boss Hawg

3. 3 Tobby Oct 8th, 2013 at 11:48 am

Progressive generally covers higher risk drivers/riders at good rates, so if you are low risk then they are not going to be competitive. Dan is correct, shop every year. Also, you can generally get better and cheaper coverage when you bundle all of your vehicles (and sometimes your house depending on the state).

4. 4 Mr Dick Oct 8th, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I live in good ole Saskatchewan Canada where we have a govt run monopoly on insurance. My 2010 HD costs nearly 2 grand for a year, good thing it’s winter here for half the year!

5. 5 LoneRider Oct 8th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I use Geico its only $230 a year I have no complaints. I looked at ten companies every year and keep using Geico. It would be cheaper but I have extra coverage and no deductable.

6. 6 Rodent Oct 8th, 2013 at 8:06 pm

The guy with less advertisements and sponsorships should be cheaper.

7. 7 baggerdude Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:43 am

Remember folks that the owner of Progressive Insurance is a hugh contributor to the anti gun lobby and Barack Obama !

8. 8 Ray. Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:55 am

Baggerdude. So? He is supporting Obama like the majority of Americans? Big deal. Tea party people are rednecks who can’t write in proper English. It’s “huge” not “hugh”

9. 9 tin can Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:05 am

i pay 350/yr with Progressive. on a 2000 Road King Classic. Have been with them for over 10 years.

10. 10 baggerdude Oct 9th, 2013 at 7:08 am

Ray, you need to recheck the popular vote not the free shit states that carried the election with electorial vote s not country wide popular vote! You probably don’t have insurance anyway so it doesn’t matter!

11. 11 Bludog Oct 9th, 2013 at 8:35 am

Tried to use the system and each of the quote options just leads to a system where they want all the sensitive information that I thought the system was designed to avoid. I was wondering how you could possibly get a reasonable quote without more than a zip code, and I think the answer is, you can’t.

12. 12 Tobby Oct 9th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Progressive is a public company traded on the NYSE. The political affiliations of any of the executives are irrelevant. No money from Progressive has been used to support any candidates.

13. 13 Woody's Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:16 am

…and GEICO used to be a huge enemy of bikers, being one of those pushing the hardest for helmet and various liability laws to get cagers off the hook if they squashed a helmetless rider. If you get your Dairyland insurance from from an independant agent like I used to, make sure the agent is bumping up the commission every year. I finally left them only to find out later it wasn’t Dairyland pocketing huge increases. Many years back I used to have my bikes combined w/American Family where I had homeowner’s insurance. Great rates until I bought a CBR1000F and they refused to cover it! Screw that, if ya won’t take one bike you don’t get the other ones either, and I switched to Progressive. Bottom line is like others have said-shop around often and don’t rely on what others are paying.

14. 14 Woody's Oct 9th, 2013 at 11:17 am

…agent ISN’T bumping up…

15. 15 Rodent Oct 9th, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Wonder if AARP THE HARFORD does bikes?

16. 16 Sharrack Oct 9th, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Once had my Allstate agent admit to me: insurance is a license to print money !
    Then, i got a quote from AAA………
    The AAA agent asked me how much i was paying with allstate…. REALLY????
    Lol….i subtracted 250.00 and still got that rate with AAA.

They will let you pay as much as your willing to pay.

17. 17 MDSPHOTO Oct 11th, 2013 at 11:13 am

I’ve been with Progressive since I’ve owned bikes and they have been very good to me. When someone hit my bike in a parking lot there was no issue they cut me a check, and got their money out of the driver’s insurance company. Geico rates, for me, don’t even come close to Progressive.