New Harley-Davidson Wind Splitter Windshields For 2014 Touring Models

RUSHMORE-Wind-Splitter-7-inchThe new Wind Splitter delivers a combination of air-flow function and super-cool form. The swept-back design of these windshields complements the shape of the fairing and the inner dash panel, and adds height in the center where it counts to help decrease wind noise, and improves your ability to hear that sweet Boom! Box audio system.

The smoked finish does not interfere with forward vision and looks great against any paint color. The easy-to-install Wind Splitter features a center-mount Bar & Shield medallion for a distinctive finishing touch. The Wind Splitter Windshield is offered in three sizes to fit all 2014 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide®, Street Glide® and Trike models. It does not fit with windshield bags or pouches. P/N 57400204, 4.5-inch Dark Smoke; $154.95. P/N 57400205, 7-inch Dark Smoke; 159.95. P/N 57400206, 10-inch Light Smoke; $164.95. At Harley-Davidson Website.

11 Responses to “New Harley-Davidson Wind Splitter Windshields For 2014 Touring Models”

1. 1 Devil's Plaything Nov 22nd, 2013 at 10:30 am

Wow, another great idea that came from Klockwerks……

2. 2 Tommy666 Nov 22nd, 2013 at 11:57 am

True Dat!!!

3. 3 Minnesota Jeff Nov 22nd, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I sure hope Brian and Laura @ Klockwerks win this one in court!

4. 4 Josh Parker Nov 22nd, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Look attentively. It’s different from the Flare windshield. I was often told that Klock markets under his name an existing design which was not yet marketed by the original manufacturer (with manufacturer agreement.) Harley subcontract windshields, Klock too. I don’t see a lawsuit with any merit.

5. 5 Brian Klock Nov 22nd, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Josh,

Klock Werks does not have a pending court case against Harley Davidson. Our design was finalized and developed exclusively here in South Dakota, it is not another manufacturer licensing agreement to settle that rumor.

I do appreciate all the support from our supporters for our original part. I will not hate on Harley Davidson as without them, we wouldn’t have a base to design our parts for. The vent on the new fairing actually helped our design so it worked out in our favor.

Brian Klock

6. 6 Jason Nov 22nd, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Your information is inaccurate, Josh, regarding Klock’s marketing an existing design. The FLARE is their original design, and Brian & Laura have the bill from the wind tunnel testing to prove it. And you don’t have to look attentively, to see the obvious similarities between the FLARE and the “Wind Splitter”, I mean HD even put the their logo in the same place as Klock’s. Note the “hips” and the “lip”, just like the FLARE…

I don’t know about you, when I first saw this HD windshield, I just assumed that HD bought a whole bunch of the FLARE from Klock, and stuck their bar & shield on it.

7. 7 Brett Wagner Nov 22nd, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Jason. Tested doesn’t necessarily mean created. There are 2 very different things.

8. 8 richard Nov 23rd, 2013 at 4:16 pm

It seems to me Brian Klocks response is both measured and practical. Also, it occurred to me that attempting to bring Harley to court could be a risky endeavor for any of the aftermarket suppliers. To be awarded a patent I think there must be something in the design that is unique and new. Many of the aftermarkets products are likely NOT unique. They are mostly/simply “reversed engineered” versions of the OEM product with some feature that may or may not be unique. Aftermarket parts manufactures need to be aware that this issue is a double edged blade and cuts both ways. As such the aftermarket needs to exercise some restraint in suing OEM’s for fear of retaliation from them. Remember, the OEM’s have deep pockets and can keep a small company in court for years, resulting in the aftermarket company going broke. It seems that trademarks, logo infringement are most objectionable to the OEM’s and understandably get a vigorous legal response if they feel someone is infringing.

9. 9 James just another crazy Kiwi Nov 24th, 2013 at 3:07 am

As is often the case i am confused.

I took a 2014 Street glide for a ride at my favorite dealer, the most Southern in the world.

Well train spotters ?

Any way at 140 kph about 85mph, the wind off the screen made my helment vibrate to the point I got double vision. Opened the vent ,closed the vent no difference.
    I am about 6’2” on a bad day. So do I now have to buy one of these screens If i am to buy this bike ?It was inoperable at my cruising speed ! ! ! .

Surley this is discrimination against those that are not verticaly challanged but those that are verticaly obese.
    This may need taking to the court of human rights in the Hague…

Nice enough bike though, the front end was a bit soft, apart from that and the helmet vibration went very well .
    I would not buy one at this stage as I don’t know if anything would definately stop the helmet buffeting.
    This should not happen on a standard bike, but it does so they should offer at no cost different screen options.
    Just a thought from a small rock in the South pacific.

10. 10 JackS Nov 24th, 2013 at 10:04 am

Bryan Klock,

I’ve been the proud owner of a flare windshield ever since the year you first introduced them and so far, I have 75K miles on mine. Love it so much, I transferred it from one FLHX to the next. Now it looks like I’ll have to buy a new one when I go to the 2014-style batwing fairing. Happy to give you my business when the time comes.

Regarding how the Klock Werks flare windshield has worked for me… head buffeting and shaky glasses are things of the past and the faster I go, the better it works. It is perfect at highway speeds. The only drawback I’ve found is my tendency to want to maintain higher speeds in the rain so that it continues to create an envelop around me enabling better wet-weather vision.

Kiwi, you mentioned that the front end felt soft. The flare provides additional downward force on the front end at speed — so much so that improved bike handling characteristics on the highway are definitely noticeable. Another note: I am 5’7 and have the 6.5″ flare. Because you’re 6’2, I’d recommend a taller one.

11. 11 DRAGON Nov 26th, 2013 at 10:36 am

ALL I’M SAYING IS I LOVE MY KLOCK WORKS WINSHIELD FOR JUST 150.00 BUY HARLEYS FOR THAT