Old Empire Motorcycles 1000-Mile Road Trip To Deliver A Custom Bike To A Client

How often a builder rides 1000 miles a newly built custom bike to deliver it to a client? Old Empire Motorcycles built “The Hunter”, a light weight bruiser genre-busting custom Honda CB250 Superdream and decides to ride it from the shop in Suffolk, Britain to the south of France where the client lives for a surprise delivery. Images of this delivery road trip by film director Chris Fergusson.

19 Responses to “Old Empire Motorcycles 1000-Mile Road Trip To Deliver A Custom Bike To A Client”

1. 1 richard Nov 24th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Oh YES! Great story, told wonderfully!

It proves many things to me about motorcycles and motorcycling, that are self evident in this short video. It has started off my Sunday morning with a smile.

2. 2 roadkingajb Nov 24th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

A bit of an adventure!! Brilliant.

3. 3 JackS Nov 24th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Perfect snapshot of what its all about.

4. 4 BadMonkeyMW Nov 24th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Building cool bikes and having fun on the road, that’s what it’s truly all about. Great story.

5. 5 Terence Tory Nov 24th, 2013 at 9:27 pm

A low budget movie to hype a bike with less than 20 bhp at the rear wheel that was probably dragged out of a canal? I consider the only things bruised by this bruiser to be a wallet and a skinny hipster ass.I prefer “The Girl on a Motorcycle” starring Marianne Faithfull on her Panhead rather than a sequel.Taking it one thousand miles from base to another country is a good way to avoid warranty.

6. 6 nicker Nov 25th, 2013 at 1:26 am

Back to the basics……
    Simplicity:
    – small frame two wheels, motor, tranny, clutch, brakes, & kick-starter
    – non-skid, non-crash, no-fault no-ACA….. all not necessary.
    Capable people, people who really wanted to learn how to ride, not just impress the neighbors.
    ( tell OhBummer we don’t need his “Help”…..)

-nicker-

7. 7 Boots Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:51 am

It shows you it doesn’t matter what you ride. The fact is, you have to ride!
    Driving down to the local Pub isn’t really considered riding. Take a couple days off and just go somewhere!
    This video was fantastic!

8. 8 oldude Nov 25th, 2013 at 8:26 am

Would have been tremendous if I could understand what they were saying!

9. 9 Buelligan Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:34 am

Loved it! A real feelgood short film that came over as very genuine. Not my kind of bike, but I feel these guys are my kind of bikers!
    Pity about Terence Tory (above); comes over as a sad git that I wouldn’t like at all.

10. 10 Dale Nov 25th, 2013 at 10:13 am

This is what bikes are all about. Make it yours, have fun with it.

11. 11 Anthony J Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:03 am

TT, always so negative, ready to give your opinion on what you think is wrong or what could have been done. Tell us about your relationship with your mother, did she not show you the love you needed so bad.

12. 12 kevin boyle kustoms Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:23 am

every custom I build gets ridden at least 400 miles before the customer gets it delivered …..and if going out of the country it gets 1000 miles just to make sure all the “custom” problems or issues are worked out ….custom does not come in a box!

13. 13 Terence Tory Nov 25th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Anthony J,I analyse bikes using my years of practical professional engineering experience and encyclopedic knowledge without the need to resort to magazines or a Google search.If you are in love with a 20 horsepower unloved commuter bike from about 1980,well you sure satisfy real easy.If you crave dream fodder view the original Mad Max,Stone or Easyrider movies.Thanks for your opinion on my opinions.

Buelligan,with passing of time and surviving biking you will realize that the “biking guys” you are searching for now is actually yourself or the father you wish you had in your real life.Read up on some Carl G.Jung.

Boyle,I ride custom or rebuilt bikes for hundreds of miles too before handover.I saves gas and wearing my own out.

14. 14 Stony Crane Nov 25th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Loved it. I wish more people would embrace this vibe, that all bikers are brothers. Yes I love my Dyna, but I love my Aprilia too. These kids must have had a blast. Thanks to Cyril for finding it and sharing!

15. 15 richard Nov 25th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

TT…your first post is as usual an exercise in negativity. Your second post which contains this quote “I analyse bikes using my years of practical professional engineering experience and encyclopedic knowledge” demonstrates that you likely are experiencing delusions of grandeur. I wonder if somewhere deep in your mind you actually may (mistakenly) think you ARE smarter than everyone else; or are you overcompensating for deep seated insecurities?

16. 16 Jawz Nov 25th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Nice! My ole lady and I did a 24 state 19,000 zigzag trip this summer. No itinerary and no commitments, just ride. We would still be on the road if we had the funds. You have to live it to really understand it.

17. 17 Martin Twofeather Nov 25th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Very enjoyable

18. 18 Anthony J Nov 25th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Terry T, i enjoy all my two wheel rides, from my 13hp 150cc to my 200hp superbike. That’s where i get my pleasure 2 wheels is 2wheels, not from blowing bullshit and putting other people and their ideas down.
    And forgive your mom for naming you Terrence and get on with your life.

19. 19 Terence Tory Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:42 pm

richard and Anthony J ,just thread down to the south of France and make a cash offer on the old Dream with the seat cut off.You too could be in a Vimeo movie:be like Jagger.

richard,I guess on your day job you are a psychologist,you sure ain’t no motorcycle professional in any capacity.Your assumptions are a source of much mirth.Check your lobe centres and your radial run outs,they might be out of spec.

Anthony J,”That’s where i get my pleasure 2 wheels is 2wheels, not from blowing bullshit and putting other people and their ideas down.” That’s unless you are blowing BS at me and my opinions.

It’s a good concept for a kids story book.The little commuter bike that escaped it’s life of muck,murk and the wobble down to the chippy,won the TT and retired to movie star limelight in the south of France.