Brothers Of The Weird

Shot in & around Ventura, California these brothers split their spare time between riding motorcycles and surfing waves. A culture where man builds with his own hands and the only thing that counts is living in the moment. It is produced to promote a website and brand called Desillusion paying tribute to today’s youth.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

14 Responses to “Brothers Of The Weird”

1. 1 Kirk Perry Jul 11th, 2014 at 10:40 am

Pulling G’s. Doesn’t matter whether you’re carving a bottom turn on a fast and hollow Ventura point break, or shifting up, while pulling out of a banked turn at speed.

It’s all about floating for a couple of seconds. Compression and release.

2. 2 mkv Jul 11th, 2014 at 10:56 am

Seriously this Fad really needs to die. I would rather see 40 in rim bagger trend than this holistic, zen hipster whatcamacallit

3. 3 Duke Jul 11th, 2014 at 11:22 am

Take a shower!

4. 4 Chris Jul 11th, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I’d rather engage is holistic zen hipster whatchamacallit than sit behind my desk all day, but alas, the rode i’ve chosen to take care of my family presently requires it. Good for those who can surf all day and ride all night. Sounds great to me.

5. 5 James just another Crazy Kiwi Jul 11th, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Nothing wrong with this at all reminds me of parts of my youth. The bits I still can remember.

We could not afford bike gear so we wore British ( NZ) army surplus gear. Bomber jackets, submariners jerseys, Japura leggings, leather jerkins and lots of over shoulder khaki bags to carry your kit which was tools to fix the bike and because I was civilised I also carried a tooth brush. My Mothers influence lol
    We did this because the NZ clothing manufacturers were protected, so they asked ridiculous prices. We could not afford leather jackets. In 1979 a leather jacket cost $575.00 and I was on $110.00 a week……Aaarh those were the days. My Mother and Sister bought me the jacket and I still have it. Not sure if it would fit right now though lol

6. 6 J.H. Jul 11th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Living the American dream, doing what ever it takes to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

7. 7 Blackmax Jul 11th, 2014 at 4:06 pm

We were all young once
    And most of us lived to tell stories about it
    it’s called Natural Selection …..

8. 8 richard Jul 11th, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I don’t know…it/they don’t seem at all “weird” to me…

9. 9 nicker Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:20 am

Didn’t really engage me enough to view it all.
    …. “the Brand”…. ?????

-nicker-

10. 10 Heavy Metal Jul 12th, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Not all that weird and not particularly interesting. Nice to see something without flannel wearing hipsters wearing chucks. I must be too old to get it.

11. 11 Hazy Jul 13th, 2014 at 7:30 am

Every new generation thinks they have a lock on weird. Sorry, we used it all up in the 60s.

12. 12 Jim Watson Jul 14th, 2014 at 11:01 am

Cool,

Anything with bikes is good with me! Sounds a lot like a local shop on Hwy. 101 here in Leucadia CA — Seaweed & Gravel. Surf culture and old school bikes.

13. 13 Jim Watson Jul 14th, 2014 at 11:03 am

Cool,

Would have been good to see a nice Storz Performance bike in that video — they have been in Ventura for ever. . .

14. 14 JohnJ Texas Jul 15th, 2014 at 9:18 am

pawn shops still have the CHEAPEST and good qaulity selection of leather… period.