Balancing A Motorcycle Tire The Right Way With Counteract Beads.

1counteractbead2counteractbeadsCounteract Balancing Beads for motorcycles dynamically balance a wheel internally versus wheel weights that are a static balance. When balancing tires via weights the tire never stays balanced for the life of the tire because no ever does go back to get their tire re-balanced. An imbalanced tire will start to wear unevenly, making the tire run at a higher temperature due to friction, shortening its life.

The Counteract Beads provide an automatic, readjusting, trouble-free, lifetime balance of the tire. When they are installed inside the tire the specially coated micro-spheres are distributed throughout the tire through centrifugal force as the wheel rotates. As the force of the out-of-balance spot increases and pulls the suspension in an up and down motion, the inertia causes the beads to move in the opposite direction and rapidly shift until complete wheel assembly is balanced.

Counteract claims to provide a smoother ride and longer lasting tires. Also, form an aesthetic point of view, when using an internal balancer you can rid of ugly wheel weights on your rims especially when most shops have had to go to a less dense metal like zinc or steel to balance their wheels, leaving a bigger footprint of weights on the rim.

3counterbeadsHow much Counteract do you need for your motorcycle. The company provides a package for 2 tires. The exact amount you need is determined by the vehicle and the tire size, and in some cases the aggressiveness of the tread. The company offers a handy calculator to find out exactly what is recommended for your tire. Counteract does not void any tire warranties: due to their patented technology the beads do not harm the inside of a tire. When removing Counteract from a tire you would never know it was inside. More info and list of dealers at Counteract Balancing Beads For Motorcycles.

19 Responses to “Balancing A Motorcycle Tire The Right Way With Counteract Beads.”

1. 1 Henry Oct 28th, 2016 at 8:27 am

Very interesting.

2. 2 X HD Rider Oct 28th, 2016 at 10:38 am

It works. Been using dynabeads for years. Very smooth ride. Not sure about making tire last longer but it works

3. 3 Tom Maioli Oct 28th, 2016 at 11:02 am

A good friend, the late Pete Peterson, Boyd Coddington’s driver told me one of his “Old Indian Tricks” He put golf balls in the tires of Boyd’s big rigs ie. Big Red to balance the tires. Must have worked as he did it for years.

RIP Pete

4. 4 Woody's Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Like xhd said. What makes these different from Dynabeads?

5. 5 58_pan Oct 28th, 2016 at 3:01 pm

The difference is in the material. Dynabeads are ceramic, Counteract beads are plastic (for lack of a better term). The Dynabeads roll to the bottom of the tire when the vehicle comes to a standstill, the Counteract beads stay where they are in the tire due to static electricity which means the tire is still balanced when the vehicle starts moving again.

6. 6 rebel Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:01 pm

so if the beads stay in the balanced position you can spin it on a conventional computer balancer to check the balance?

7. 7 Adam Oct 29th, 2016 at 4:23 am

That’s very interesting, always great to see some innovation going on. Has anyone here actually used these?

8. 8 JIm Oct 29th, 2016 at 7:09 am

I have seen where dynabeads cause flat tires when checking air pressure. The beads get into the valve stem core and don’t allow it to seal, causing a slow leak.

9. 9 BOSS HAWG Oct 29th, 2016 at 7:44 am

I have run Dyna Beads since 2008 without issue and enjoy the smooth ride.

I like the thought behind the Counteract Beads and will give them a try next set of tires which won’t be long from now.

BOSS HAWG

10. 10 calif phil Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:07 am

I have used the other brand with good success and I would be interested in trying these.

11. 11 Woody's Oct 29th, 2016 at 8:34 am

Interesting indeed. I use Dynabeads in my bikes with cast wheels & large tire, looking forward to some longtime usage reports. Never heard of the valves getting clogged but it makes some sense. I have serious doubts that static electricity would hold these beads in place after a balance, especially if the wheel/tire assembly was bounced on the ground, but no way would I do a balance on an assembly with beads in it anyway. Balance first, then add beads IMO.

12. 12 Paul Oct 29th, 2016 at 11:00 am

I’ve been using dynabeads in all 4 of my cruiser tires with mags and spoke rims. You need to adjust the spokes to ensure the rim is straight before adding the beads.The beads work better than lead weights that have a tendency to fall off. With regards to tire life, you need to check your tire pressure on a daily bases. I can’t say one way or another that the beads will increase tire life. Failure to keep tire pressure in check will reduce tire wear .I have never had a valve clogged on any of my bikes. The ride is smoother and handling is increased.

13. 13 Dean Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:28 am

I use RIDE-ON Fluid… balances and seals holes.

14. 14 Buster Oct 31st, 2016 at 8:58 am

save some money and use air soft heavy weight bb’s like we do.

15. 15 Sailandcrash Oct 31st, 2016 at 3:21 pm

I used beads in my FJR1300 AND GOT SERIOUS VIBRATION At HIGH SPEED.
    HAD THE BEADS TAKEN OUT AND TIRE BALANCED AND ALL WAS WELL
    .Most new tires are smooth enough without balance weights, unless they are defective.
    my opinion only…..

16. 16 David V. Oct 31st, 2016 at 3:51 pm

I Would NEVER USE ANY BEAD BALANCING PRODUCT! Search DYNABEADS and you will see posts of where they eventually cut into the center of the tire.

17. 17 Ray Llanes Oct 31st, 2016 at 4:42 pm

I had a bad vibration on my 59 pan rigid chop. I run a 23 inch spoke wheel in the front and a 16 wire wheel in the rear. I put dyna beads in about 2 years ago all the vibration was gone after about 30 miles of riding. Still in there with zero issues. I’ve since put them in all my bikes with no external balancing whatsoever . Big believer in the product.

18. 18 Mr. Anderson Nov 1st, 2016 at 11:43 am

I was told that any balancing beads used inside of the tire will void the warranty of that tire.
    That being said, I have used Dynabeads in the past with very nice results.

19. 19 marty Nov 9th, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Everyone is confusing Counter Act beads for Dyna beads. They are NOT the same!!
    Dyna beads fall to the bottom at stop Dyna beads are made of a ceramic material that will break down over time. They will turn to dust inside the tire over time rendering them pointless.

The CounterAct beads are not made from the same medium and hold up over the life of the tire. I have used both type of beads and now only use CounterAct beads and never encountered the problems that everyone has brought up about the other brand.