The Thiverval. The Krugger Treatment Applied To The Ducati XDiavel.

During these last years, Freddie Bertrand from Krugger Motorcycles, has evolved from being a super great custom builder – he is twice AMD world Champion Of Custom Bike Building in 2010 and 2014- to becoming a design and development consultant offering his services to professionals and major motorcycle manufacturers.

The reason? Freddie is not only able to design and build unusual and beautiful bikes but also can re-imagine the best and most successful factory models without affecting their cutting-edge electronics and technology.

A good example is this “Thiverval” Ducati, the result of Freddie Bertrand boasting the original Ducati XDiavel design without altering the technical content and performance that is typical of the Ducati brand. Originally, Ducati conceived the XDiavel as an “Italian culture” performance Cruiser offering exciting riding at both relaxed slow or high speed. A bike conceived to project the concept of a Cruiser into modern times.

For this reason, Freddie Bertrand’s work is towards the future, pushing the factory XDiavel even more in the direction of a “Techno- Cruiser”. Aesthetically a long, low, muscular bike with very modern shapes.

Inside the Ducati Thiverval keeps the XDiavel magic numbers: 5000, the number of RPM at which the engine delivers maximum torque, 90+ the number of ergonomic configurations for the rider to choose from, 40 the number of maximum lean degrees.

Other great custom XDiavels have been produced before, but this one is typical of Krugger’s style: a brand new bodywork never betraying the spirit of the original designers,  beautiful details all over, a new machine re-mastering the complications of a factory model with very fancy technology. Krugger Motorcycles.

25 Responses to “The Thiverval. The Krugger Treatment Applied To The Ducati XDiavel.”

1. 1 nicker Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:03 am

Nice stance…. but from my perspective, engines with that much stuff hanging on them may as well be covered with body-work

just my opinion…

-nicker-

2. 2 Stony Crane Jul 3rd, 2017 at 10:46 am

Freddie does really nice work, but it’s always interesting to see a rider in motion on the bike and that makes this one look a little squashed. Still, nice fab Freddie.

3. 3 rebel Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:29 am

reminds my of a locomotive

4. 4 BobS Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:33 am

Yes, a bike that doesn’t just look and sound badass, but has the go fast abilities to back it up. Two thumbs up!

5. 5 Ray Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:45 am

Work probably too complicated for me to understand.

6. 6 P.Hamilton Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:47 am

Few builders are able to do what he is doing on each creation.

7. 7 Brett Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:51 am

A few years ago in Sturgis I heard Fred and Cyril speak French together (Fred is from Belgium). It made Fred’s bike look fancier…

8. 8 Guy Jul 3rd, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Damn that is one ugly Motorcycle. A very talented builder but that is like a wart on a Dogs Arse.

9. 9 huls Jul 3rd, 2017 at 12:39 pm

No. Just no.

10. 10 Xenu Jul 3rd, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Fine example of an elaborately detailed executed design.
    Really cutting edge stuff, but I’d rather look at it than own it.

11. 11 bigalyts Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:47 pm

taking a Fine looking Diavel and turning it into a freakish looking Bike. Cutting up a Ducati Diavel iis like trying to turn a Ferrari Testarosa into a AMG Vehicle.

12. 12 Roger G Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Myself, I have nothing but respect for Fred, and love his style, design and skills…congrats Fred !

13. 13 Easygear Jul 4th, 2017 at 7:00 am

My full respect for the handycraft, this is ony tremendous build – in the end it is not something i like to sit and look at, because the engine and oem stuff has no beauty in it, it`s just a modern product.
    I would like it with a nice and clean engine, like this – no.
    I look at these engines and wonder what it is – a dust cleaner or a boat motor or something else…just not a nice mc engine.
    But that`s just me, i don`t like the oem Diavel for the exact same reason. Building another bike around all that stuff and that engine, no matter how big the effort, to me still ends up with an ugly piece.

Like nicker mentioned, body work which hides the engine, i can see that option

14. 14 Furly Jul 4th, 2017 at 8:03 am

Are any of this hemostats removeable? Maybe the throttle isn’t the only thing Ducati riders like to twist?

15. 15 Greg Martinich Jul 4th, 2017 at 8:24 am

Made an ugly bike uglier

16. 16 highrpm Jul 4th, 2017 at 8:38 am

was he trying to remake the bike in the image of the dog?

17. 17 Jim P Jul 4th, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Appreciate that the way we get advancements in design and engineering is by experimentation. This to me is a prime example of that ethos. Total respect for the builder, but not my cup of tea.

BTW: Is it just me or does he look like he’s riding on a small coffin?

18. 18 James just another crazy kiwi Jul 4th, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Makes it kind of look like a Darmah. Tiger in English…Remember them. Cool looking bikes. Many went to Aus some to NZ,

19. 19 Dicky Lee Jul 4th, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I know that shape….
    Its a retro food mixer…
    I guess that must be kinda fitting as all ducatis sound like a cement mixer full of nuts and bolts..If you can ever keep them running that is.
    Used to see them everywhere 20 years back.
    Cant remember the last time I saw one….

KEEP AWAY HARLEY DAVIDSON you have been warned.

20. 20 Dave Blevins Jul 4th, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Another fine example of Krugger’s work. Very nice indeed.

21. 21 Biggles Jul 5th, 2017 at 1:12 am

No, just no.

22. 22 Racetrack Style Jul 5th, 2017 at 1:25 am

Dickey Lee – ducatis are everywhere

23. 23 badams Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:21 pm

High level building. Period.

24. 24 burnout Jul 6th, 2017 at 1:02 pm

I would ride the hell out of this thing! Nice work!! peace

25. 25 https://www.facebook.com/hepes.cure Aug 26th, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Hello there, Hi and thanks for talking about
    the information and actually managing the website. I simply like
    to add that I applied it and also it really helped me so much.
    Furthermore, I like to state that your tips inspiring to me and inspire me to make the next
    step.