OCC Invests 13.5 Millions In Custom Motorcycles Plant

Seems like Orange County Choppers is going to capitalize on its brand name  made famous by the TV reality series "American Chopper," They are going to invest 13.5 millions to build a  plant and and should create 160 new jobs (up from just 12 now). The Teutul family’s business should be a 92,000 square foot plant in the town of Newburgh in NY state mid-Hudson Valley. The new jobs will be added over the next 3 years as the company ramps up production of custom-built motorcycles in the $40,000 price range. Not bad for a custom builder who started to do business in 1999. Since father and son team Paul Teutul Sr. and Paul Teutul Jr. still remember who I am, in case of unforeseen difficulty, I have a job in NY. Yippee. Orange County Choppers.

11 Responses to “OCC Invests 13.5 Millions In Custom Motorcycles Plant”

1. 1 jolee Nov 13th, 2006 at 9:02 pm

great for the tutals but who really cares,it would be great if they could really build a decent looking bike that does not look like in should in a PARADE??

2. 2 Ron Bartone Nov 13th, 2006 at 10:39 pm

Wrong time to do that. Too many players in the mfg business now. They will have to come up with something better than theme bikes and everyone else has everything else covered! I wonder who the investors are…… well, I do wish them luck.

3. 3 Joe M Nov 14th, 2006 at 2:07 am

We all know that OCC is known for building theme bikes & that they happen to have a tv show. What the Teutul’s have chosen to do is really a great thing & I hope we do not miss the point. Many people do not know it, but Newburgh is very much in need of secure blue collar jobs. The choice to keep the jobs here is something we can all appreciate. I wish them good luck & thank them for giving a chance to a dying breed in the US.

4. 4 mike beland Nov 15th, 2006 at 1:35 pm

THEY ARE ENTERING DANGEROUS WATERS HERE, WHAT IS LOST ON MANY BLOG VIEWERS IS THAT THEIR EMPIRE HAS ACCRUED SO MUCH INCOME THEY HAVE TO EXPEND A CERTAIN PERCENTAGE ON CAPTIAL REINVESTMENT,OR JUST GIVE IT TO THE GOVT. ANYWAYS, YES IT WILL CREATE JOBS, BUT WHO IS GOING TO BUY A COOKIE CUTTER CHOPPER WITH OFFSHORE PRODUCED PARTS JUST BECAUSE MIKEY SIGNED THE FENDER. ITS FLOODED RIGHT NOW. THEY SHOULD TAKE THE 50 MILLION THEY MADE THIS YEAR ON MERCHANDISE AND SELLING THEIR IMAGE AND BUY A NICE ISLAND IN FIJI.

5. 5 Stephen Budge Nov 16th, 2006 at 6:00 pm

Do what ever makes you happy. And don’t listen to me or anyone else. Hope you all have happy and great lives.
    If it was me an Island sounds nice.
    Steve
    Hey Ceril you are still making beautiful bikes.

6. 6 Stephen Budge Nov 16th, 2006 at 6:02 pm

“Cyril”, sorry for the typo Dude.
    Steve

7. 7 Cyril Huze Nov 16th, 2006 at 6:10 pm

No problem, Steve. I appreciate the compliment. Cyril.

8. 8 Stephen Budge Nov 16th, 2006 at 6:52 pm

Cyril,
    I really do like your work a lot. You are one of the true artist’s building bikes.
    Wish, I could afford to do another custom. Donnie Smith and I built a bike together a couple of years ago. I designed it, picked every part, including paint and Donnie’s guys built it.

Right now I am working on a Kawasaki ZX14. Just to make it even faster.
    Real fast and real fun.
    If you get a chance ride one it’s a blast.

I was in Sturgis but I headed to Wyoming and ended up riding
    1000 miles while I was out there on my custom.
    Getting to old for the crowds I guess. But not for the road.

Steve

9. 9 Cyril Huze Nov 16th, 2006 at 7:05 pm

Steve, send a pic of your Kawa, then lend it to me for a few spins.

10. 10 Stephen Budge Nov 17th, 2006 at 1:58 am

No problem. Just come to Minnesota in the spring. It should be ready for street and drag racing.
    I will send a couple of photos. One of my custom and one of my Kawasaki ZX14 with my plans to modify.
    Steve

11. 11 Danny Franssen Nov 17th, 2006 at 5:42 am

Love your work since years Cyril…artistic designs, but not overdone and functionality all over…Overhere in Europe the OCC craze was never there and will never be there in my oppinion, not even when they invest all those millions…but good for them and for the 160 extra jobs, seriously… I never ever commented on certain custom bike builders before, never, because I believe a bike style, design, colors and proportion-overall looks is a personal matter, that’s what started the whole custom idea in the first place right ?… But to me OCC are building bikes towards the same ideas and themes (sorry for using that word again)as we did when we were 15 years old…And that means “something” to me..but still, good for them. And now I shut up. (Phew, feeling better now) Keep up the good work Cyril !
    Danny F.

Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc.
Affliction Holdings, LLC