Spectro Oils New Sponsor Of Cyril Huze Blog

spectrologoSpectro Brands are manufactured and marketed by Intercontinental Lubricants Corp. of Brookfield, CT, ILC, one of the world’s foremost manufacturers and packagers of quality lubricants. Spectro Products span the full range of fully synthetic, semi synthetic and petroleum lubricants for all classes of “powersports” engine and transmission applications. The Spectro line also includes a wide range of suspension fluids, fork oils, brake fluids, coolant, chain lubes/waxes, filter cleaners and oils and protection/appearance products. As a trusted brand in the motorcycle industry for over 40 years, Spectro Oils consistently deliver a top quality product, reason why so many very reputable companies of the motorcycle industry, manufacturers, dealers and custom builders distribute and use them exclusively. For example Baker Drivetrain is using Spectro in their 2009 show season on all installations they perform at major events and rallies. Products used include: Heavy Duty Platinum 6 Speed Transmission Lubricant in conjunction with all of their DD6 and DD7 installations, Heavy Duty Chaincase Lubricant in all primaries and Spectro motor oil in all bikes. Sucker Punch Sallys is also distributing and exclusively using Spectro products in all their custom bikes. For more information on Spectro Oils, please visit: Spectro Oils (At V-Twin Expo Booth 2419)

15 Responses to “Spectro Oils New Sponsor Of Cyril Huze Blog”

1. 1 Rogue Jan 30th, 2009 at 7:43 am

Keith Ball of Bikernet asked me to try Spectro Oils and give him my opinion on it a little over a year ago.
    I decided to use it in my 2004 FLHT as that is the motorcycle I travel on and gets the most hard riding.
    I have to say that I am very happy with Spectro and their products and would like to suggest that others give them a try and decide for yourself.
    This notice is good timing as I just changed all my fluids last week as part of my regular maintaince and did use all Spectro products.

2. 2 Jim Jan 30th, 2009 at 8:47 am

No disrespect to Spectro Oils, but for synstheic oils I only use Amsoil. If you poke around on the net, look for the White Page. It’s a comparison test of a lot of different oils and has some interesting results. Not only do I run Amsoil in my bikes, I use it in all my vehicles. I have had very good luck with Amsoil and highly recomend it.
    Once again, I am not saying anything against Spectro. I simply have never used it.

3. 3 Patrick Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:27 am

Well deserved, Cyril. You’ve got the best online mag.

4. 4 John Magee Jan 30th, 2009 at 2:17 pm

We recommend Golden Spectro Golden Gear 80 as the preferred primary lubricant to use with all Bandit Machine Works clutches. Good stuff, good people.

5. 5 Shooter Jan 30th, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I agree Spectro is really good stuff, and has been in the Motorcycle Oil business since the 60’s I belive (the oldest MC oil brand I think). I don’t want to get in a pissing contest, but Amsoil published the “white paper” so of course they will win. If you test anyones oil in lot’s of “tests” your bound to perform better in some of them, any oil company can do this with the same results. I’d never sell Amsoil in my shop, anyone can become a “dealer” for $25, why would I want to compete with someone selling the same product (with no overhead) out of their car trunk?

6. 6 austink Jan 30th, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Spectro tastes better than Amsoil.

7. 7 Pitbull Jan 30th, 2009 at 5:18 pm

If you like Spectro you’ll love this stuff called Lubeatech oil, i use the 20w50 synthetic, runs cooler and feels like it gives more power, don’t get me wrong, Spectro is good, I just think this is better.

8. 8 Pitbull Jan 30th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Try their Gear Oil too, quieted down my noisey 03 Kings Trans quite a bit.

9. 9 Crash Jan 31st, 2009 at 11:50 pm

No disrespect to Spectro Oils but wasn’t Amsoil the first synstheic oil and all others just followed up on the Amsoil with a few different additives of their own ? Every brand claims to be superior .

10. 10 Shooter Feb 1st, 2009 at 8:58 am

Mobil invented and was first to sell synthetics.

11. 11 Crash Feb 1st, 2009 at 9:37 am

Don’t you agree ? Every brand claims to be superior ?

12. 12 Shooter Feb 1st, 2009 at 2:46 pm

That’s true Crash, of course every brand claims to be best. One thing I do know for sure, the Spectro “6 Speed” gearbox lube works. It made 5th gear much less noisey on my bike, and shiting is much smoother. My customers have been impressed by it also. Do a google search, lot’s of talk about this on messag boards,

13. 13 Crash Feb 1st, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Shooter,, In my 6 speed I started using Torco RGO and it seems to work a lot better for me than another well known name brand oil. This is Torgo’s non synthetic tranny oil. I would have no problem going with Spectro oil but as long as nothings broken I won’t fix it.

14. 14 No Skool Feb 2nd, 2009 at 9:33 pm

I once actually saw a man who was arguing with another about the merits of one oil over another pull his knife and threaten to cut the guy’s throat. Sheesh.

My motivation for using Spectro is because TP Engineering recommended it on my new motor. Within the next two months I’ll be firing her up so I’ll be hunting Spectro down. My problem is that there don;t seem to be any local dealers.

There are some methods for doing 100% engine oil changes which I think may be more important to all no matter which oil they use. I don;t think there is a good wrench out there that will disagree that you got to get rid of the old before you can expect the new to work well.

Good show, Cyril. I hate blogs and forums but always get somethimg from yours.

Spectro…get in touch. I need free oils for my intial break in changes. My bike project will be in ALL the major magazines (ha).

15. 15 Rollin Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:55 pm