Billy Lane Attorney And Prosecutor Set April 7th As Plea Date

billylanetrialAs I reported last week plea negotiations are going on between the State Of Florida and Billy Lane’s lawyer Greg Eisenmenger. For this reason the Judge has canceled the trial initially scheduled to start today February 9th.  A tentative plea date of April 7th has been set as negotiations continue. “We’re in agreement on all the major points. We’re 99 percent there but we’re not 100 percent there,” Greg Eisenmenger said of his negotiations with the State. Lane, 39, faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted of either DUI manslaughter or vehicular homicide in connection with Labor Day 2006 traffic accident in which 56-year-old Sebastian Inlet park ranger Gerald Morelock died. Prosecutor Tom Brown said 95 percent or more of his office’s cases are resolved through pleas, and his office treats Billy Lane case like any other.

On a personal note I want to mention that the victim’s family is always involved in any plea agreement discussions, that Billy Lane confirmed to me that he and the Morelock family have a good relation. Byron Morelock (brother of the victim) confirmed that he is not seeking revenge and wishes closure as soon as possible.

23 Responses to “Billy Lane Attorney And Prosecutor Set April 7th As Plea Date”

1. 1 Nicker Feb 9th, 2009 at 9:32 pm

There is nothing relevant left to be said.

2. 2 harry Feb 9th, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Nicker: Have to agree w/ you…harry

3. 3 bill delcamp Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:09 am

whats the whole story???

4. 4 Jeff Nicklus Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:20 am

Nicker …. Harry,

I am in total agreement.

Over & Out,

5. 5 Cade Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:40 am

Right on Nicker .

6. 6 Pitbull Feb 10th, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Get it over with already.

7. 7 Boss Hawg Feb 10th, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Billy is a fine builder and person! Looks like Billy will work it out to the best of his advantage and get it over with on his own terms soon.

All the best Billy!

Boss Hawg

8. 8 DJ Terry Moran Feb 10th, 2009 at 2:00 pm

For all the haters out there….99% of us have driven at times when we should not have in regards to alcohol. Did Billy make a bad decision? Yes. He will pay for it with jail time and knowing that he took another man’s life. This does not change the fact that Billy is a good guy that has done a lot for the biker world and charities. Instead of tossing around venom, why not say a prayer for Mr. Morelock, his family and Billy. Nothing good can come out of this except that maybe people will take a look at this high profile case and decide to not get behind the wheel after drinking.

9. 9 KAREND6656 Feb 10th, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Thanks to Boss Hawg, Jeff Nicklus, Nicker I agree with you all. Now if you believe, in any higher power, pray for him as we all did for the Morelock family… You’re in my prayers Billy…

10. 10 rodent Feb 10th, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Do we care about every time Billy farts? He’s going to have his day and all we can hope for it Billy comes out of this ordeal. It’s in the hands of the people who do this for a living, lawyers and judges.

11. 11 BigHand Feb 10th, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I’m with you on this DJ Terry Moran .

12. 12 Brett Feb 11th, 2009 at 6:34 am

Here is what Mike Odom says about this report

“As you will agree there are two sides to every story and some of this report does not add up. There are still things going on in the background that should have, could have made issues different. Those things never came to pass. We will see…..
    Also I believe I heard a date of 3/17 mentioned and I think the clerks site confirms that. The thing with this report is it was taken out of context from a Florida Today article. I was there, Keyona (Florida Today Writer) was not ; ) ”

Mike has also covered this from the court house since the begining.

Just wanted to pass along what he is saying.

13. 13 Ricardo Feb 12th, 2009 at 4:23 am

I have met Billy once ! He’s a nice guy & I hope he stays free !

14. 14 rainbowwarrior24 Feb 12th, 2009 at 9:34 am

This will be interesting to see what happens. If you have the money for a dream team lawyer… can do the crime and pay the lawyer instead of paying for the crime.

15. 15 Greg Hoeve Feb 12th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Enough of Billy boy already. It’s old news now. Find something relevant to blog about!

Greg Hoeve

16. 16 DWB Feb 13th, 2009 at 7:02 am

Looks like he is going to get away with it ie MONEY TALKS BULL SHIT WALKS if it was you or me we would be ging to jail for a long time !

17. 17 No Skool Feb 16th, 2009 at 5:51 pm

First, I am sorry for Byron Morelock. He has no say in the matter. Everyone is trying to deal on his behalf. Then, I am sorry for both parties for this ironic tragedy. We should all learn a lot about these “Icons” and how far we are willing to follow them. But here’s how I came to a simple conclusion about how I feel in this matter.

I substituted my wife in place of Mr. Morelock. ANYONE who did that to my wife would not make it to trial. No trial, no bargaining, no favors, no pleas. Done deal.

As for the Morelock and Lane families, they can work out their thing as they see fit. I would work out my own.

It does leave me wondering about the whole justice system though. A family-to-family matter is one thing that could be bargained. But what about society as a whole? Do we allow side-stepping laws we are all required to follow? Maybe we are not all required to follow them…hmmmm. Oh, now I get it.

No Skool

18. 18 SVENMEISTER Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:47 pm

This is getting old!
    Good luck to Billy. Whatever happens happens. I would asssume it’s bad enough to be in his shoes no matter what! Please don’t make the man look bad-if you wanna blame somebody then blame the blinking system!

19. 19 Biker Bob Feb 17th, 2009 at 12:06 am

Blah, blah, blah……….

20. 20 Jeff & Robbie Feb 17th, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Let’s move on… no more blogs till after justice is served if at all!

21. 21 negger Feb 17th, 2009 at 5:03 pm

kill a biker , go to jail. that simple. i’ve met billy too, he should do some time, hopefully the whole term.

22. 22 Gaz Hayes Jun 5th, 2009 at 7:03 am

leave the guy alone, this was over 3 years ago. 3 years waiting on a knife edge to find out whether your going to prison or not for an accident, is punishment on its own. let billy lane go free to live his life, im sure this will haunt him for a long long time to come. BEST OF LUCK BILLY.
    Gaz Hayes
    UK Bike Builder

1. 1 Billy Lane Sets April 7 Date For Plea Bargain Agreement | Pingback on Feb 11th, 2009 at 7:11 pm