Motorcycle Wheel. Height Matters.

baggerwheelbis
If you don’t already know, a 21″ front wheel on a bagger looks very cool. Have you tried a 26″ donut? (check clearance first).

You can even add more “dimension” to your ride with a 2D or 3D design. Metal Sport Wheels is offering all their wheel designs up to 26″ because they know pretty well that the new trend is not to go wider, but taller… Metal Sport Wheels. (bike by John Shope’s Sinister Industries)

25 Responses to “Motorcycle Wheel. Height Matters.”

1. 1 bobx Dec 8th, 2009 at 10:54 am

id bet that the ride isnt what that little tire is about.

looks good though.

2. 2 Charlie Dec 8th, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Looks great… especially when using Randy Briley’s –
    B’Cool Products 26 inch fender! Great combo!

Charlie.
    CL Chop Shop.

3. 3 umusbhi Dec 8th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Can you say RIDES LIKE SHIT!

4. 4 Lyle Dec 8th, 2009 at 1:31 pm

It won’t look so cool when you get a flat tire on I-94 in the middle of Montana on a Sunday and the HD dealer does not stock that size. For some reason, skinny tires on a fat bike just dosen’t look right either.

5. 5 Steve Pretz Dec 8th, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Riding my bagger since 1 year with a 21″ and 90/90 tire. Have no particular issue. Tire for 26″ is fatter, I think.

6. 6 Dr Robert Harms Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Im interested . Can I get a lead on tires ?

7. 7 lenny Sinnet Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:28 pm

NICE WHEEL THESE GUYS MAKE A GREAT PRODUCT…

8. 8 Triumph Dec 8th, 2009 at 7:48 pm

I gotta side with umusbhi on that silly crap.

Ever heard of the gyroscopic effect?? A wheel of such large diameter will have serious resistance to any attempts to turn it from a straight line when in motion. There’s a reason high performance sport bikes run 17″ front wheels. A 26″ front wheel is a perfect example of ‘just because you can, doesn’t mean you should’.

9. 9 Cyril Huze Dec 8th, 2009 at 8:27 pm

26″ tire is model VRM Monster in size 120/50-26″ at Vee Rubber http://www.veerubber.co.th/ (slow website)

10. 10 Looper Dec 8th, 2009 at 9:10 pm

I guess that looks good if you like chrome spinners on hoopties.

11. 11 36 Special @ Open Road Biker Dec 8th, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Not my cup of tea but for each his own. Personally I kind of like the looks of the 21 inchers on the front of baggers but to go much bigger just doesn’t look right to me.

12. 12 Sniperman Dec 8th, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Have you ever heard of rotational mass???!!!

The added weight would affect the overall bike balance due to it’s heavy rotational mass from the wheel weight. It would cause drastic changes in the handling and steering of the motorcycle. Obviously this is a horrible match with the original frame geometry that the Harley Davidson engineers designed.

What’s next, 12in. stretched swing arms like on the crotch rockets?

And maybe we can all start wearing our pants half way down our ass like some of the idiots that would put a 26in front wheel on their baggers!!

Sniperman

13. 13 rockstar Dec 8th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

gay’r then fat tires.

coming soon to a hotbikes magazine near you.

14. 14 Boss Hawg Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:39 pm

Has Vee Rubber DOT obtained DOT Approval on this tire as of yet? Or is the 26″ like the 360mm…put em on the market and worry about it later.

See if Leo (ex Avon designer) will tell you or is this just another cause I can pissing contest because we have the molds and cheap ass labor in Bangkok?

Boss Hawg

15. 15 Rider2 Dec 9th, 2009 at 12:19 am

Now this is a stupid product that kills the bagger look, look stupid and unpractical.
    Is this the way you guys intend to save the motorcycle industry?
    As Triumph said: ‘just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”. And you guys are making fun of OCC making weird looking bike… hellooooooo

16. 16 bobx Dec 9th, 2009 at 8:16 am

i like it. its different. that doesnt mean its ‘wrong’.

to each his own.

17. 17 Troy Dec 9th, 2009 at 9:37 am

What is the speed rating & load capacity of these Vee Rubber tires from Thailand?

18. 18 raycwheeler Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Troy,

Rather than question the tires speed rating , you might ask that speed rating and load capacity of the rider(s)?

ray

19. 19 1550tc Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:55 pm

no kidding these guys dont ride so who cares what they put on their bikes……gyro effect they dont need to worry about when then roll them off trailers

Have you ever heard of rotational mass???!!!

probably not!!

26 and 18 inch wheels make a great combo……..same dudes who cant figure out a rake and trail chart

with these poser’s its all about looks and bike shows

20. 20 MDSPHOTO Dec 10th, 2009 at 12:22 pm

This looks like the bike featured on the opening credits of the Full Throttle Saloon TV series. I like the look, but I think 23″ is about the largest wheel I want out front for a decent ride with reasonable front suspension.

21. 21 MDSPHOTO Dec 10th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

“NICE WHEEL THESE GUYS MAKE A GREAT PRODUCT…”

I agree I own a set of their 3-D wheels, just be prepared to wait about 4 months for delivery and have a fat wallet!

22. 22 Axel Dec 10th, 2009 at 1:55 pm

You’ve got to be shitting me…….. a skinny front tire looks cool on a bagger? It looks ridiculous, ruins the ride and handling and is illegal to boot! First the moronic super fat, horsepower-killing rear tires and now front wheels that collapse under the weight of a bagger…….. What’s next, replacing the spark plugs with little sticks of dynamite? It’s time to go back to fully functional motorcycles, not these ridiculous trailer queens.

23. 23 B'COOL Products Dec 11th, 2009 at 7:46 pm

I love the look but cannot attest to the rideability of the bike. Talking to my customers there doesn’t seem to be an issue if R&T is calculated correctly. By the way, if you don’t like the 26″ I guess you really won’t like the 30″ that’s on its way!

B’COOL Products is the only fender manufacturer making the 26″ front fender out of 12 gauge steel. ………….. and yes we will be making the fender for the 30″ tire when it arrives! Care to place an order?
    Randy Briley
    B’COOL Products

24. 24 It's crap Apr 6th, 2010 at 10:06 pm

All I have to say is that this product is JUNK. Not only will it kill your braking system, it will mess up your suspension.
    Let’s face it… It looks very “crappy” JUNK! Just another passing FAD like the many FAT tires and frames that are discounted because they all ended up at some recycling center.

25. 25 Jay adams Apr 16th, 2010 at 10:52 pm