Saxon Motorcycles Introduces The 2010 Hot Rod Sceptre

SaxonSceptreUnder a new ownership and management and cautiously Saxon Motorcycles introduces a new version of the Hot Rod Sceptre that they state “is designed in the spirit of the outlaw rider”. The Hot Rod Sceptre combines some old school appearance with today’s components, like a 96″ S&S V-Twin, a Rivera Primo 6 speed right side, Progressive Suspension hidden rear shocks, a 260 Metzeler rear tire, billet wheels, Brembo brakes, a billet front end and ape hangers bars. Retail price is $25,970 with a 2 year factory warranty. Saxon Motorcycles.

22 Responses to “Saxon Motorcycles Introduces The 2010 Hot Rod Sceptre”

1. 1 Shifter Dec 15th, 2009 at 9:17 am

it’s ok, but nothing new. Old school? but getting old.

2. 2 Dave Blevins Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:10 am

What is the advantage over a Harley FX Softail, besides the extra 10 grand and weaker re-sale?

3. 3 No Pain No Gain Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:44 am

The Hot Rod Sceptre will be a tough sale for Saxon. Not to disagree with Old School style that is so played out these days, but the undeniable feature that will not attract buyer for this model is the $26,000 bottom line.

Consumers have too much to choose from in the field (with relative industry brand recognition) with this type of motorcycle , and the extra $6,000 will be a deal breaker.

4. 4 A 1 cycles Dec 15th, 2009 at 11:22 am

i can almost guaranty that this bike is TUV approved and the market is for over seas…where they follow our trends by about 2 years…so i think the old school look will sell..smart move. the euro is still so strong i dont think saxon cares if america likes it or not.

5. 5 maroco Dec 15th, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Solid company, good components, options of choise.
    Good luck for the next years.

6. 6 Browse Dec 15th, 2009 at 3:55 pm

New ownership?

7. 7 HotDogHotDiggityDog Dec 15th, 2009 at 3:59 pm

The Owners Suck!
    I’ve got a Saxon with warranty issues and the new owners say it’s the “old Saxon’s problem, not the “new” owners problem! How can they take my model and call it new and not stand behind the SAXON brand? Do not buy from these guys! They don’t take care of you!
    Victor C.

8. 8 HotDogHotDiggityDog Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:00 pm

SOLID AS SH-T~

9. 9 Cyril Huze Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:05 pm

New ownership explained: http://tinyurl.com/ycak66r, and also: http://tinyurl.com/yemo44d

10. 10 Scrappy Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Agree with HotDiggityDog (Victor C.), how can they take a model thats been out for years and call it new. Also, I could be wrong but those do not look like billet wheels to me.

11. 11 Manhattan Choppers Dec 16th, 2009 at 3:05 am

new? in 99… outlaw rider he he

12. 12 Boss Hawg Dec 16th, 2009 at 7:52 am

HotDogHotDiggityDog,

See if the new owners purchased assets and liabilities when they purchased Saxon. If they bought “assets” only and the liabilities of the “old Saxon” remained with the previous owners, then you may be screwed and will have to chase after the previous owners and their liability insurance if you filed an alleged warranty claim prior to the sale…Be nice and be factual.

Boss Hawg

13. 13 Rinke Dec 16th, 2009 at 8:01 am

As European distributor of Saxon we know that our clients, dealers and us too, have experienced the Saxon motorcycles as high quality built, very reliable and comfortable to ride. We are very happy that Saxon is continuously improving their products and that they are open for suggestions made by end users, dealers and us. We are also very happy that Saxon is not jumping on the bandwagon of every new trend or hype with introducing complete new models every year. Not only because a well thought-out developed and engineered new model will cost a lot of time and money, not only because of the cost of the EU approval which will not make it worth homologating it, not only because hypes normally do not last long but also because a frequent and dramatic model change will result in a weak re-sale price. There are various examples of (motorcycle) manufacturers who are very successful just by having their model range consistent. We admire almost all custom bike builders who are building beautiful and unique bikes and with their creativity introduce many trends and hypes. Most of these trends and hypes fade away (quickly) but also some are sustainable and will be picked up by a larger group of customers and customizers. This is why I love working in this industry.

14. 14 HotDogHotDiggityDog Dec 16th, 2009 at 6:10 pm

How many dealers are in the United States?

I can’t find one left to to help me!

They all got screwed!

15. 15 Boss Hawg Dec 17th, 2009 at 7:43 am

HotDogHotDiggityDog,

Have you attempeted to contact any active Saxon dealers on the dealer search form?

If you have a valid warranty claim and cannot get help….write your State Governor’s Office Of Business Affairs (be proactive and call the office first) with documented proof of your claim and the number of non-responsive attempts to have corrected with the dealer’s contact info and Saxon’s contact info requesting assistance. Send registered mail return receipt.

You should get some action then.

Good Luck,
    Boss Hawg

16. 16 hellraiser Dec 21st, 2009 at 12:47 pm

looks like a softail with apes . good luck selling a 25k dollar bike .

17. 17 texican Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:03 am

Hellraiser, Please check out this bikes top shelf components and geometry. It is far from a softail with apes.

18. 18 Sceptre owner Jan 19th, 2010 at 5:14 pm

DONT BUY A SAXON!!!! I have had nothing but trouble with mine…Ive had to replace almost everything on the bike accept the motor. Thank God S&S knows what they are doing. Most of this stuff was replaced on my own dime due to the fact that Saxons previous owner pulled a Hoodini. The new guy Marc Brodkin is just as bad he lies and cheats and basically steals…When contacted about the problems Ive had and the fact that all of it happened while the bike was under warranty he told me “the best I can do is credit you the money you spent toward the price of a new Saxon” WTF? Hes shady and the whole company is shady….You’ve been warned!!

19. 19 Jeff McBrien Feb 25th, 2010 at 6:47 am

I was a service manager for a saxon dealer on long island. I thought I was getting a great deal on a warlord but I got screwed. It first started with a host of electrical problems. ( when they pulled the wires through the handle bars they stripped the wires ) . There ” fix ” for the batterys shorting out to the bottom of the seat was cut holes in the bottom of the seat. ( how about face the battery in the right direction ) I missed shifts on it because the chinese road max tranny was a piece of junk. The brakes were borderlining dangerous. To top it off the front wheel bearing siezed and sent me into oncomming traffic ! Saxon took the bike back, changed the trans out for a primo, changed the wheels to P&M ,supposedly rewired the entire bike, changed the brakes to brembos, they were basically scrambling around trying to avoid a law suit. I have no idea how they would have treated someone who wasn’t a dealer rep for there company but i had a 1 month turn around and at first was happy to have my bike back. Then the electrical problem would haunt me. I was so pissed that I took the entire bike apart and rewired it myself ! The problem was there coil cover was designed so stupidly that there was no clearance between the ignition switch and coil, ( ARE YOU KIDDING ME ) I’m still making payments on mine, my company went out of business, and theres no warantee . Bravo Saxon

20. 20 Chuck Sorenson Mar 21st, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Saxon sceptre sucks, I have also replaced half the shit on mine with 400 miles on it. The ignition system at $1100 and the battery cables, and battery. What else, the company does not back their bikes and resale is horrible. JUST CLOSE YOUR DOORS SAXON, quit ripping everyone off.

21. 21 Chuck Sorenson Mar 21st, 2010 at 3:52 pm

BTW, mine is a 2007, the dealer in this town went under, saxon will not cover anything. Oh, they did send me a set of battery cables to put on myself. EATME SAXON

1. 1 Tweets that mention Saxon Motorcycles Introduces The 2010 Hot Rod Sceptre at Cyril Huze Blog -- Topsy.com Pingback on Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:31 pm
Crusher