Engine, Transmission And Primary Drive Oil Change. Drip, Drip, Drip No More.

It’s ok to do your oil changes in the garage, but the lady in your life hates that you mess up the garage floor. Here comes Harley saving your personal life with 2 new funnels each specifically shaped to make it easier and more convenient to service your motorcycle without dripping oil all over the place. The patent-pending design of the Primary Oil Fill Funnel ($9.95) allows the funnel to simply snap into the derby cover opening to permit hands-free filling of the primary drive cavity. The Transmission/Crankcase Fill Funnel ($4.95) is shaped to reach the fill points for each of these cavities. Its anti-burp design insures smooth oil flow. Don’t forget to wipe clean after use…Of course, only at your local Harley-Davidson dealer.

13 Responses to “Engine, Transmission And Primary Drive Oil Change. Drip, Drip, Drip No More.”

1. 1 Doc Robinson Apr 6th, 2010 at 6:57 am

Well chickenman, if you can’t fill your primary without a ten dollar plastic funnel that would have cost 5 cents to manufacture, you should have your tools taken away.

2. 2 Cade Apr 6th, 2010 at 8:39 am

Remember Doc, lot’s of people out there that have no business with tools.

3. 3 Windy Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:45 am

Glad to see HD still stands for “hundred dollar” …. you’ve got to be kidding, a $10 special funnel to fill a primary? I agree Cade, some people should not be allowed to touch tools

4. 4 A 1 cycles inc. Apr 6th, 2010 at 12:48 pm

agreed its a tight fit on the new bikes…the secret is to pour it on the clutch adjuster locknut and let it roll down the face of the pressure plate…ooops i just cost the mother company money…what am i to do?

5. 5 max Apr 6th, 2010 at 12:52 pm

The trans funnel is available sans logo at any car store in the 99 cent rack. I almost fell down when I saw these in the dealership. And you can measure your tire tread with a Lincoln penny, insert headfirst into the tread- if you can see the top of his head then time for a new tire. Penny available @ your local HD store MSRP$1.99

6. 6 max Apr 6th, 2010 at 12:54 pm

P.S. What is killing the Motor Company nowdays is that HD stands for Home Depot

7. 7 Seven Apr 6th, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Does this primary oil funnel also work on my belt primary? ‘cos I have a devil of a job getting the oil to stay in.

8. 8 ROCKSTAR Apr 6th, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Harley riders don’t change own their oil. Dealers would go broke if they did.

9. 9 Sara Liberte Apr 8th, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Hey, ladies, do we really get pissed if oil is spilled on the garage floor? Give me a break…. If I drip any oil on the floor I know how to clean it up properly..

10. 10 Jena Miller Apr 8th, 2010 at 3:44 pm

It’s not about spilling oil. It’s about the one doing it and never cleaning!

11. 11 Me Apr 8th, 2010 at 6:12 pm

LOL, Rockstar! I am a lady Harley rider…AND I change my own oil…to heck with dealers! Over$ for something I can do myself.. You’re funny !

Me 😉

12. 12 motorcycle medic Apr 16th, 2010 at 3:26 am

Ok here we go again with HD …..they should really look into chrome plating willie g’s shit and have it special editioned because some of these HD riders would buy it
    SHIT that is!

13. 13 home repair Sep 19th, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I thought garage is his domain. I could understand if you got oil on her kitchen floor. keep her out of the garage.