New White Wall Tire Sizes Coming Soon. From Vee Rubber.

If there is somebody who has complained a lot to manufacturers about the lack of choice for sizes of white wall tires, it’s me. Coming from Vee Rubber, the giant manufacturer from Thailand, expect to see the arrival of new white wall tires in sizes we need since a too long time.

For sure, a 130/70/18, 150/60/18, 180/50/18, 120/70/21, and a 130/50/23. And because these new tires will have the load rating to handle heavy motorcycles, it means that even touring bikes will be able to roll with white stripes. Wheels manufacturer MetalSport is involved with Vee Rubber in this project, and will be the exclusive US distributor. Availability should be around August of this year.

13 Responses to “New White Wall Tire Sizes Coming Soon. From Vee Rubber.”

1. 1 J Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Awesome! I’ve been wanting a whitewall front tire for my Goldwing trike (shuddup, it’s comfy and my wife can drive it- lol)

2. 2 jatinder pal Apr 6th, 2010 at 11:59 pm

I love whitewall tires……..they remind me of old vintage cars,white walls in 21″ will look awesome.

3. 3 Boss Hawg Apr 7th, 2010 at 12:16 am

Hey J…just ride that is all that counts.

Are these tires DOT Approved ?

Boss Hawg

4. 4 gabehcuoD Apr 7th, 2010 at 12:50 am

VERY COOL ! !

5. 5 Seven Apr 7th, 2010 at 1:35 am

That 23″ is especially great news, or it would be had i just not picked up an Avon 23 this week.

isn’t the 120/70/21 WW already on the market though? I have seen the odd one around.

6. 6 Bigalyts Apr 7th, 2010 at 8:37 am

I hope they are Radials! No one said they were or they were not! Goldwings Tires are Radials for sure.

7. 7 Vision Apr 7th, 2010 at 5:59 pm

What a weird pic for them to send a whitewall with a billet wheel. I think they look far better with spoke wheels and would look much better on the triumph below.

8. 8 sam Apr 12th, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I though Doug McGoon was the one that started that white wall thing with Vee Rubber, I have tried to get a hold of him for months now, no word on an eta??

9. 9 padwah Apr 19th, 2010 at 3:39 pm

i ride a triumph speedmaster, and the front tire standard size is 110/80-18, no www tires available, do you know if thye will be doing that size??if not do you think it would be possible to squeeze a 130/70/18 on to mine??

10. 10 B'COOL Products Apr 24th, 2010 at 6:51 am

Sam, I believe you are correct about him making that happen with Vee Rubber, however, he is no longer with Metalsport.

Here is Doug’s contact info.
    jstardoug@gmail.com Mobile Number:424-202-2334 You can also reach him on Facebook.

11. 11 fuzzy75 May 4th, 2010 at 8:29 pm

i have been on the waiting list for the 23 and 18 since last august and everytime i call i get… theyre on there way. will be here next month. quit calling 5 months ago.

12. 12 stewmeat Apr 12th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Hello, I spoke to Doug and he said the deal fell through. What a shame. Does anybody know about any other manufacturers of white wall tire in the 130/70r/18 and 180/60r/16?

I think it would be awesome if we could get together and have raised white letters and optional whitewalls made.

Face it, this is 2011, the 21st century, we can do a lot of things. This should not be that hard.

13. 13 Doug McGoon Apr 12th, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Vee Rubber dropped the ball and could not deliver the product up to standard, I have not been in the loop, but I am working on a solution to this problem, that may very well take care of all white wall issues.

Crusher