To Be Launched. New 16″ Rotor Oversized Brake Caliper Kit.

You see it first here before it is officially introduced to motorcycle dealers at the V-Twin Expo in Cincinnati (Feb. 4-6, 2012), then made available to all of you.

From Aaron Glenn, the man who 2 years ago introduced the awesome, and somewhat expensive , “Internal Brake 3-piece wheel”, a new idea to improve braking on tall wheels, size 21″, 26″ and 30″. To stop your big donuts, a 16″ rotor (instead of the usual 10″, 11.5″ and 13″) coupled to an oversized brake caliper stated to perform better than dual factory calipers pinching a 11.5″ rotor.

Kit justification? For the rotor size, it’s self-evident. For the bigger size brake caliper, of course because of larger piston bores and more pad surface to increase pressure and friction.

Glenn tells me that his caliper design keeps the correct TFV, or Total Fluid Volume, that can be found for example on a FLH platform Harley (08 and up) or Brembo brake. Consequently, no master cylinder change is necessary. The same kit also works for bikes equipped with ABS. Available with the correct bracket for 11.5″ and 13″ rotors. Brake calipers will be offered in an array of different colors and finishes. For now, the rotors’ design is available in 5 to 11-spoke configurations, making them complementing nicely a rather large number of wheel designs from different manufacturers. Dealers, see them and other new products in february at the V-Twin Expo. Glenndyne Design.

17 Responses to “To Be Launched. New 16″ Rotor Oversized Brake Caliper Kit.”

1. 1 Jason Hallman Jan 3rd, 2012 at 9:35 am

This is an awesome new product. I can see these selling like hotcakes (whatever that means)

2. 2 Floyd Cantrell Jan 3rd, 2012 at 11:10 am

I can slide the tires now with OEM brakes. Wonder how much this will cost?

Cantrell

3. 3 brandon jones Jan 3rd, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Great Idea! My first S.G with a 26″ I convered to single disc I used the fact harley caliper and basically I went into an intersection trying to shut it down. I guess that is why harley wont even put a 21″ with dual rotors on A 800LB. FLH from the factory. I will definitly use this on my next build becasue even 13″ single rotor on big wheels dosn’t work much better………..not sure what floyd is talking bout..maybe stock size wheels? Keep up the good work guys!

4. 4 brandon jones Jan 3rd, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Great idea! single side big wheeled baggers need this! not sure what floyd is talking about……maybe stock sized wheels. keep up the good work Glenndyne!

5. 5 Josh Jan 3rd, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Good idea. Let’s see if the concept gains traction.

6. 6 Iron Horse Jan 3rd, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Kinda cool, but the Buells and some other super bikes have perimeter brakes which are a lot larger than this one. I suppose the down-side to perimeter braking is that it would be kind of hard to adapt them to most custom wheel designs. That being said, these should be a hit with the “big wheel” crowd, at least those that give a damn about stopping safely.

7. 7 DJ Jan 3rd, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Anyone rode a Boss Hoss to it’s limit? It does not take long to boil the brake fluid in the twisties(even DOT5). Especially the rear. I would like to see a rear brake set up to replace the crappy engineering currently on them

8. 8 hk Jan 3rd, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I think arron makes some of the coolest parts in the business,love seeing people actually caring about stopping power as well as looks.

9. 9 jatinder pal Jan 3rd, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I love the 3 pc.wheel aaron makes,they are class act. The big brakes sure will work with big wheels of today. Good work.

10. 10 Jimm Morris Jan 4th, 2012 at 9:31 am

Aaron Glenn is a genius. First he presented “Internal Brake 3-piece wheel”. I knew that it was just a beginning. Now it is 16″ Rotor Oversized Brake Caliper Kit. Good job! I’ll be waiting for his new great ideas.

11. 11 Aaron@glenndyne Jan 4th, 2012 at 11:26 am

First of all thank you Cryil for the post, It is greatly appreciated! Also I would like to thank those that support us day to day with business. We love engineering new products and pushing the limits of form and function. Stay tuned Glenndyne is on a mission to provide the best highly refined parts in the industry. We are constantly investing in research and development to insure every wheel, brake or any other part is just that.

See you you all in Cinci……

Sincerely, Aaron Glenn @ Glenndyne inc.

12. 12 The Supreme Team Jan 4th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Nice product Aaron. Diggin’ the innovation you guys continually provide.

13. 13 Fluke Jan 4th, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Jimm Morris, The internal brake Glenndyne “designed” was a blatant ripoff of a copyrighted design from a company called Brakko in Europe who had been making it for 10 or 15 years. Not what I call innovation or genius.

That said, bigger rotors for the bigger wheels is a great idea and I wish Glendynne much success with them.

14. 14 Smittydog Jan 4th, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Looks good i might put it on my wide glide

15. 15 Aaron GLenn Jan 5th, 2012 at 10:56 pm

hmmmmmm.

16. 16 Aaron GLenn Jan 5th, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement. (well at least those of you gave it)lololol.. As for Fluke… There are many things in this world and industry I pride myself in and that is doing exactly what others are “not” doing. thousands who know me can atest to this just ask arround if your ever in the U.S. When I developed the internal brake concept brakko ” An internal rim mounted brake system” I was working in a small shop. We were not aware of Brakko or anything in Europe for that matter…I was just bike builder doing what I loved to do. I approached my attorney for protection via the U.S.P.O for my creation. Later Filed protection in the U.S. ( once again another reason I never knew of brakko) since then I have seen brakkos system and I am quite impressed with the work, effort and design…..however the systems are different Hmmmmmmm maybe that is why I am selling mine. GO U.S.A winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. 17 VanityPrintz Jan 9th, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Great Job guys! I was a pleasure meating you at Desperado Junction ’11. Thanks again for allowing me to photography the model on your bikes. I’ll be sending you something shortly.

Crusher