Postcards From CUSTOMBIKE Magazine Bike Show In Germany.

Pictures taken at the 2012 Custom Bike Show of  Bad Salzuflen . Photography Lothar Steinmetz, courtesy Martin Mix, Thunderbike Germany.

10 Responses to “Postcards From CUSTOMBIKE Magazine Bike Show In Germany.”

1. 1 Ray Shaft Dec 15th, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Weird stuff in Europe!

2. 2 Branson Dec 15th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I like the shovel used as a seat. Lol.

3. 3 18bravo Dec 15th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I sold my ’84 Katana in Germany in ’88. It would be cool if the one in the lower right was the same bike. Of all the bikes I’ve owned, I really miss that one.

4. 4 Woody Dec 15th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Looking at the pictures just made me sad, seeing how the “theme bike” virus seems to be infecting so many custom bikes 🙁

5. 5 Brauchi Dec 16th, 2012 at 9:04 am
  6. 6 Smittydog Dec 16th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

European bike builders are different,but very eunique.I love their style.

7. 7 Zipper Dec 16th, 2012 at 12:51 pm

A for originality. Who else could come up with these designs b ..Zut the Germans?

8. 8 Johnny Wolf Dec 16th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Festoonery overload.

9. 9 Septic the Sceptic Dec 16th, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Shovel seat = Stupid.
    Cooking knife block = Stupider
    Pistol hand grips = Stupidest thing ever.

10. 10 Woody Dec 17th, 2012 at 6:20 pm

@Brauchi very nice! Please note I didn’t say they were ALL “theme” styled, only made note that more and more custom bikes seem to be succumbing to the urge to make a cartoon instead of a bike. There will be always be amazing bikes at every show, but I truly feel the theme craze is more of an infection than a genre. Back when an old Commando & Sporty were all I could afford and I drooled over custom inline 4s AND V-Twins, one of my favorite builders was Tom Summers out of MN . http://www.lowridersbysummers.com/ I still feel he’s a perfect example of how to go “out there” without resorting to hanging garden tools off a bike or whatever. Would I WANT to do 1000 miles on some of his bikes? No, but I could, and when I got there folks would know the only “theme” was custom ☺☺☺

Crusher