JIMS® Announces Release of JIMS Powertrain Hardware Organizer

Jims-Hardware_OrganizerDoing a powertrain tear down and assembly? Tired of hunting through plastic bins looking for hardware? JIMS®, a premier manufacturer of performance parts and specialty tools for use on Harley-Davidson® Motorcycles, has released the new JIMS Hardware Organizer.

The patent pending JIMS hardware organizers will guarantee all hardware is organized during powertrain teardown, storage, and final assembly. The organizers include a specific stand for top end, cam chest, transmission, and primary. When combined, they all nest within each other taking up very little space and can easily fit in a deep drawer of a tool box.

When preparing for final assembly, the stands can be turned on end to expose threads for ease of loctite preparation. The surface is powder coated in JIMS durable blue and includes silkscreened hardware position art with torque specifications. For more information find JIMS® on the web at www.jimsusa.com, become a JIMS Facebook fan, or call 805-482-6913.

9 Responses to “JIMS® Announces Release of JIMS Powertrain Hardware Organizer”

1. 1 CafeSportyTC May 23rd, 2013 at 9:56 am

i think i might have to get me those! works better than cardboard!

2. 2 rebel May 23rd, 2013 at 10:40 am

i use cupcake pans to keep bolts sorted, timer screws in one section, tappet screws, rocker screws etc. saves me a lot of time.

3. 3 Gina Woods May 23rd, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Great organizer… Jims has great products if you can’t make your own!

4. 4 Broadway lee May 24th, 2013 at 6:11 am

Now what am I gonna do with all the soda flats and crude drawings of the part I made 👍

5. 5 Rogue May 24th, 2013 at 6:13 am

I use a combination of homemade items and tools and also a lot of tools and parts from “JIMS” and I have to say I am Very Satisfied with all their products I have.

6. 6 bob May 24th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

is for the guys who cant figure what out next then they don’t belong turning wrenches

7. 7 shanedrive May 24th, 2013 at 5:40 pm

@Bob,
    Maybe so, but when you’re trying to crank out work, every little thing that gains a few seconds adds up over the course of the job. Personally, you can toss every nut, bolt and other misc fastener into a coffee can and I can put them back where they belong during assembly.

However, when you’re looking for the “tree” in the forest of fasteners it takes valuable time to zero in on what ch’ya want. I’d rather just be able to grab ‘n go. The torque spec on the labeling is a nice little addition too.

8. 8 bob May 25th, 2013 at 8:31 am

@ shanedrive time is a factor I agree and it is very nice to have the troque specs thanks for having me re read the add very good points thanks shane wasn’t directed this to any one who does it for a living

9. 9 bean're May 27th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

All JIMS tools are priceless especially when you consider the time they save and getting the job done right the first time. This is a great simple idea that I am surprised I haven’t sen sooner. Way better then just keeping the bolts mixed up in a dish.

Crusher