Harley Street 750 And 500. The Street Is Where I …

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

12 Responses to “Harley Street 750 And 500. The Street Is Where I …”

1. 1 Brett Jul 6th, 2014 at 10:17 am

I think the Street is going to sell very well. Youngsters, women…

2. 2 Mike Jul 6th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Be the scourge of your neighborhood with that 45 horsepower engine . . .

3. 3 James just another Crazy Kiwi Jul 6th, 2014 at 1:30 pm

If it gets more young people on MotorCycles more power to it.

And if you get really old and still want to ride, will it be on a 3-400kg two wheeled tank…no

I want to ride till I die and I would have no problems riding one when or If I get frail.

4. 4 nicker Jul 6th, 2014 at 10:48 pm

In reality……

Most of today’s “road worriers” are barely qualified to handle 45 HP……. :-)

-nicker-

5. 5 Reyn Mansson Jul 7th, 2014 at 8:35 am

We shall see, but I think the Street will not be a big hit. The 500cc trainer will be great for dealers’ Riding Academy programs but I do not see a big retail market for the bikes.

6. 6 hark Jul 7th, 2014 at 8:46 am

When one thinks about it…most of us started out on much smaller bikes then we ride today. This was a great move by the Motor Company to bring younger riders and ladies into the sport.

7. 7 BCinSoCal Jul 7th, 2014 at 10:40 am

Mike , reality is that actual HP for a 74 , prior to EVOs was not much more than 45.

8. 8 Oscar Jul 7th, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Man, that was a wise move from the MoCo when they rolled those Street models into production… I womnder what in the world is Polaris waiting for to make smaller displacement bikes… like an Indian Scout with an 800cc :)

9. 9 Blackmax Jul 7th, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Agree with Reyn Mansson & hark.
    It is a smart move by H-D to build brand loyalty with a bike, in a way the Sportsters never could.
    To REALLY challenge the metrics for women, older riders & the smaller of stature
    Not to mention a foothold in the Asian market where H-D’s are WAYY more expensive.
    So when New / beginning rider ask me what they should start with ?
    if they say they just have to have an H-D, I feel a lot more comfortable
    steering them away from a “Shadow” to a “Street”.
    And, yeah, I’d like to see that 800 cc Scout & I hope it come to pass
    (In Sturgis this year)

10. 10 Woody Jul 7th, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Maybe Indian can work out a deal to re-badge/market the Buell Blast as the Indian Papoose ;) (Loved the Blast, it and the Suzuki Savage were the best entry-level bikes out there)

11. 11 fuji Jul 8th, 2014 at 9:59 am

Stepping stone for one learning to be a faux bad ass }: or one wanting to ride many of the new naked bikes [ below 900 CC ] that are exciting to ride.

12. 12 Bruce Jul 9th, 2014 at 5:27 pm

I could see riding one… but for less than a $1000 more than the 750′s base price you can buy an Iron 883.